By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X360 - PS3 gap now 7 million!

I don't want to sound like a troll, but I just have to say this.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Around the Network
Vanadium2k8 said:

In terms of sales? yes, yes sony fell and they fell hard. in terms of overall games and all that stuff? no. not by a longshot.

w00t.

@ Vanadium

If you don't want to sound like a troll, then don't troll.

Next month should be 8 million XBox 360 lead over PS3.
By the way according to MS XBox 360 lead over PS3 would currently be over 8 million.
So the truth would lie somewhere between 7 and 8 million and counting.

Sony should settle for third place and just hold off on price cuts and be profitable this generation instead of going head to head for MS> MS has the aces and can afford the price cuts and expand its market share. Sony does not have the same luxury to afford price cuts. Sony has announced job losses worldwide, Sony's business as a whole is in decline, Sony's share prices are falling during these hard economic times.

DMeisterJ said:
w00t.

@ Vanadium

How is telling the truth trolling?... I'm a Nintendo fan but I can asure you that Nintendo totally and utterly failed the last two generations! Start admitting that Sony hasn't been able to do what it was planning to do!... I own and love my PS3 but it's not nearly performing as well las it's predecessors, and that's what Vanadium is pointing out! You are still in denial!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Sony had it "easy" when they were stealing segas thunder due to their deep pockets........... well sony lovers, time for a reality check...... Microsofts pockets are even deeper....... Not so nice when the shoe is on the other foot is it?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Vanadium2k8 said:

In terms of sales? yes, yes sony fell and they fell hard. in terms of overall games and all that stuff? no. not by a longshot.

Yes that is what I meant.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

StarcraftManiac said:
DMeisterJ said:
w00t.

@ Vanadium

How is telling the truth trolling?... I'm a Nintendo fan but I can asure you that Nintendo totally and utterly failed the last two generations! Start admitting that Sony hasn't been able to do what it was planning to do!... I own and love my PS3 but it's not nearly performing as well las it's predecessors, and that's what Vanadium is pointing out! You are still in denial!

I know that this may fall on deaf ears for someone who has "maniac" in his name, but chillax.

Vanadium openly admitted that he sounded like a troll in his post.  And if it sounds like a troll then it is a troll.  I have no problem admitting the PS3 isn't performing well.  I don't see the reason you felt the need to bring that up to me...  >_>

Ronster316 said:
Sony had it "easy" when they were stealing segas thunder due their deep pockets........... well sony lovers, time for a reality check...... Microsofts pockets are even deeper....... Not so nice when the shoe is on the other foot is it?

In a way it is Karma. Sony eliminated Sega from console market over 7 years ago - back in 2001. MS is paying back on Sony. $$$ is what drives the world and buys market share.

Ronster316 said:
Sony had it "easy" when they were stealing segas thunder due to their deep pockets........... well sony lovers, time for a reality check...... Microsofts pockets are even deeper....... Not so nice when the shoe is on the other foot is it?

Now THAT was uncalled for. regardless if its true or not.