By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X360 - PS3 gap now 7 million!

The gap was 5.5 million when the PS3 released.

I went to 6.2, then came back down to 5.5 and now it's 7 million with X360 outselling the PS3 bigtime!

What do you think will happen in the (near) future in terms of sales for both platforms?

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

The gap reached 7.5 million last year, and the gap between XBox 360 and PS3 is building up towards the 7.5 million and beyond.

PS3 will never catch up now its over sales wise.

But the PlayStation 3 still will have Many great exclusive none-the less.

Ya the 360 released a year earlier and considering sales from launch they are doing better than the 360 (even with 2 next-gen consoles to compete with).

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php

Last time I checked they are toe to toe (equal) in sales in 2008....so in my view they are doing just fine, especially with a higher price tag.

No devoloper will quit making games for the ps3, so I have nothing to worry about. From sony's viewpoint....I'm sure they will turn a profit. Which honestly is all they want.

no, not yet , you are too impatient - wait for the next data set to make this thread

Around the Network

"What do you think will happen in the (near) future in terms of sales for both platforms?"

Cat and Mouse.

@OP Thanks for the advice on GC games!

Hopefully it can reach 9 million sometime next year.

It's just that simple.

With NPD data coming in soon with the numbers being adjusted the gap will be well over 7 million, maybe 7.1 million add next week sales figures and it will be close to 7.5 million gap with two more weeks of sales data to be collected and posted. 8 million gap between XBox 360 and PS3 is guaranteed.

I thought the biggest gap between Ps3 and X360 was lower than 7.3M.

Anyway, 360 is very likely to beat that in the close time.

I'm not sure will happen next year, but I expect it to be another year like this one.

They are really selling dead on even.

2007: Ended within 2% of each other in total sales.

2008: Will probably end within 5% of each other in total sales. Edit: Okay, perhaps it will be higher than 5%. No higher than 10% though (which would be 1.2M more for the year, and that won't happen). 

2009: I'm guessing they will end within 10% of each other.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS