By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did the DQX announcement change your Kingdom Hearts 3 Predictions?

Nope

Around the Network

i would assume it comes down to their relationship with nomura. if he has control then it goes ps3, most likely timed exclusive over 360 maybe permanent exclusive. if he doesnt then it goes wii or maybe 360 timed exclusive.

this game might be the one to send nomura walking.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

I hope the people using percentages over 100 realize that they're not making any sense. It will likely end up on the Wii, but considering how long the wait will be, I'm not going to anticipate myself for the game right now.

can someone please explain to me why they want kh3 on wii? kh is a button masher, a sophisticated one but a button masher nonetheless. i say this out of affection for the series, as it is probably my all time favorite, and curiosity as to why people want it to be translated.

yes, it would go through "innovation" to appear on the wii, but is it really worth that "innovation" for the games to lose part of its identity?

*disclaimer: i have a wii that is unused and a very used ps3. i am a playstation gamer not a fanboy.

Soriku said:
soccerdrew17 said:
i would assume it comes down to their relationship with nomura. if he has control then it goes ps3, most likely timed exclusive over 360 maybe permanent exclusive. if he doesnt then it goes wii or maybe 360 timed exclusive.

this game might be the one to send nomura walking.

Nomura has little control. The "higher" SE heads and of course Disney are the ones who decide. Of course, sicne Disney own the IP, I'd say it's likely they have more (but not necessarily a lot more) influence on where the games go than SE. But still...it's not liek SE is against the Wii or anything especially with the DQ X announcement.

but normura has not developed a big game on anything but playstation.  his team did kh1, kh2, and is doing ffvs13.  he played a decent to major role in ff7, ff8, and ff10.  the four non playstation kh games were made by different teams and cant be seem as even close to the same level as his other big games.

he is also a proven sony fanboy.  ffvs13 is probably still a ps3 exclusive because of him and kitase alone (even if thats temporary, the fact is that they have so far kept it exclusive). 

*rumor* he is supposedly on shaky grounds with se (him not being happy with them).  If he left to form a new studio he would probably take a lot of his team with him, cause mass doubt (especially in these tough economic times) and there would probably be a huge shakeup at se.

disney has stated that they want nomura (not just se) in charge of kh.  they essentially would take a hands off approach as long as the series continues to do so well.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
soccerdrew17 said:
can someone please explain to me why they want kh3 on wii? kh is a button masher, a sophisticated one but a button masher nonetheless. i say this out of affection for the series, as it is probably my all time favorite, and curiosity as to why people want it to be translated.

yes, it would go through "innovation" to appear on the wii, but is it really worth that "innovation" for the games to lose part of its identity?

*disclaimer: i have a wii that is unused and a very used ps3. i am a playstation gamer not a fanboy.

I think many people would think that attack would be mapped to A like many other games on the Wii. Some things would benefit from motion controls - mini games, gummi ships, magic, etc. But they won't put anything tiring.

kh2, which had a less sophisticated lock on system (couldn't toggle enemies as well as kh1) used 2 joysticks, 8 buttons, and the up and down arrows.  please map this to the wiimote for me.

Multiplatform PS3/360. Unchanged.

on PS3/XBOX360/Wii

Mushroom Kingdom Hearts = Wii exclusive

soccerdrew17 said:
Soriku said:
soccerdrew17 said:

I think many people would think that attack would be mapped to A like many other games on the Wii. Some things would benefit from motion controls - mini games, gummi ships, magic, etc. But they won't put anything tiring.

kh2, which had a less sophisticated lock on system (couldn't toggle enemies as well as kh1) used 2 joysticks, 8 buttons, and the up and down arrows.  please map this to the wiimote for me.

Okami worked all the buttons in. And what makes you think KHIII wouldn't have a streamlined control system?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Multiplatform PS3/360. Unchanged.

Sorry Wii