By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - M$ Greenberg talk much smack!

Pre-NPD trash talking, my favorite.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

LOL, Just LOL, people say Sony PR is bad >_>

Blacksaber said:
izaaz101 said:
"The PS3 is a third player, they are at risk of reaching a single digit market share,"

^^ that there, is really the only ridiculous thing that I saw in there.......the rest of it seems pretty level headed.

You must remember it only takes a little spark to start a fire...

I suppose............but I believe in the VGC community........don't let me down people!

That opening line jumped out at me...single digits? That's pretty darn ballsy, considering that ps3 wuld have to lose over 10% market share...I don't see that happening.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Alos he clearly Stats twice the price. I Didn't know PS3 was 600$ Now. Oh but he's talking about the arcade. What a douche

Around the Network
blazinhead89 said:
LOL, Just LOL, people say Sony PR is bad >_>

when one of the microsoft people say they would rather be killed than have a playstation game on the xbox...you can make that statement.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I'm exclusive 360 fan, but it's tasteless to go around bieng an a-hole...I don't care how much of a moron sony's pr guys are. After a while, uneccessary trash talking is played out. PS3 is gettign the crap beat out of it by 360, after ALOT of industry watchers dubbed this the YEAR of the PS3...sure...but projecting single digit share is a bit too much for me.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

leatherhat said:
Microsofts only goal with this gen has been to beat sony, they have no other interest. As long as at the end of the gen they can say they sold one more xbox then ps3, they will be happy, they have no interest in actually doing something for the game community

Nothing, other than delivering huge improvements in online play, achievements, social play, great graphics, some innovative 1st/2nd party games (some with huge sales, others with just new ideas), and being the first to market with an internet video store for your TV, then adding Netflix 2 years later - all at an ever decreasing price point.  Come on, I agree what the MS rep wrote is arrogant - but how you interpret this as "have no interest in doing something for the game community" - no idea.

All along Wii's differentiator was motion controls, Xbox's was the best online, and Sony's was BluRay - but BluRay is becoming less relevant both because the players have gotten to less than half the price of a PS3 and because it's not growing at the rate Sony hoped - while the Xbox is adding more casual features and more in the internet video space.  Nintendo's still firmly the only console with great motion controls (PS3 tried a little here, even Xbox tried a little with Lips, but really - it's nothing next to Wii).  And of course Nintendo has the big buzz.  PS3 was living on last gen's accomplishments - something that becomes less and less relevant as we move further into this gen.

Yes, PS3 will improve if they drop their price - but IMO even matching the Xbox price (for equivalent hardware - say 60GB or 80GB PS3 for $300) I still think they will be beat by some (smaller) margin by the 360.

Bwa ha ha! at risk of dropping to single digit market share! oh that man cracks me up :P

If the PS3 stopped selling any units now, the Wii60 would have to reach 160 million to put the PS3 in single digit market share

(obviously the Wii60 will reach 160 million one day, but not for years, and the PS3 is clearly not going to stop selling)

If hes talking about the U.S market he may be correct, the PS3 could drop to single digit market share. The PS3 had 14% of the market IIRC from the NA-Up thread, so it isn't that far to fall to hit 9%

PS3 9%, Xbox 360 30% and Wii 60% is a real possibility, especially after christmas if the Wii continues to sell the way is has.

Tease.