By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama Calls on Illinois Governor to Resign

Kasz216 said:
theRepublic said:
rocketpig said:

Still, one has to admit that the laundry list of sketchy characters around Obama continues to grow. I don't regret supporting him in the last month of the election, but I'm not above calling out things I don't trust about him, either.

He surrounded himself with some pretty lousy people during his relatively short political career. Of course, being from Illinois, it's hard not to, but it's still a sign that people should look past his charm and eloquence and put the man on a short leash.

Apparently, Blagojevich made it pretty clear on the tapes that he was pissed off at Obama and his people.  They refused to "pay-to-play".  They would only give him "graditude", and not kick-backs.

Still.  Why didn't the Obama team report the govoner to the Feds?

Knowing someone is dirty... and beign able to get proof and not turning them in is just as bad as playing ball with them.

Its still unclear what information exactly transpired between the groups, though you are right.

Obama and the rest of his campaign have done everything they could to distance themselves from this guy even before any of this happened.  They wouldn't  let him speak for them on the campaign trail and apparently Obama and Blagojevich have never been friends.

Blagojevich may have been hiding some of his dirty side too when talking with the Obama camp since I believe he was trying to shake out some kind of position in the administration.  But Obama didn't want to give him anything.

But once again its really all speculation until we get some actual information on conversations between the groups.  We'll have to wait and see if and when the Obama people release any information.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson