By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here thinks FFVXIII will go multiplat.?

Dianko said:
RPG said:
I don't see why not, the thing I am waiting for is the reaction from Sony. I mean come on, a second time they are blatantly lied to I just cant see Sony saying nothing about it.

Were at a point now where everyone thinks the PS3 should not have a 3rd party exclusive and think it's getting rather out of hand, every console needs exclusives and that too not just first or second party.

I will smash my 360 and PS3 is SO4 does not go multi-plat though, if it does not happen at least I will know SE are mad.

I don't think Sony is in a position to complain. Beggars can't be choosers, and if they lose exclusivity and did nothing to try and keep it, that would their fault. They did not provide the userbase SE wanted/expected to keep these games exclusive, a consequence of their asinine $600 launch price. At this point, they should be glad that they're still getting these games, instead of them moving exclusively to the 360 or Wii.

PS3 has an install base whihc is more then enough to have exclusives and sell huge numbers. 360 are the beggers when it comes to JRPG, it would be suicide to make 360 JRPG exclusives and it is alreadty showing ala TOV, IU. There are so many upcoming PS3 games in Japan which will tear apart 360 such as WKC, Yakuza 3 etc there will be less and less reason to make JRPG on 360.

Wii will be well ahead in terms of jrpg, then PS3 as well behind both will be 360.

Around the Network

Yes its Squarenixxx.

RPG said:
Dianko said:
RPG said:
I don't see why not, the thing I am waiting for is the reaction from Sony. I mean come on, a second time they are blatantly lied to I just cant see Sony saying nothing about it.

Were at a point now where everyone thinks the PS3 should not have a 3rd party exclusive and think it's getting rather out of hand, every console needs exclusives and that too not just first or second party.

I will smash my 360 and PS3 is SO4 does not go multi-plat though, if it does not happen at least I will know SE are mad.

I don't think Sony is in a position to complain. Beggars can't be choosers, and if they lose exclusivity and did nothing to try and keep it, that would their fault. They did not provide the userbase SE wanted/expected to keep these games exclusive, a consequence of their asinine $600 launch price. At this point, they should be glad that they're still getting these games, instead of them moving exclusively to the 360 or Wii.

PS3 has an install base whihc is more then enough to have exclusives and sell huge numbers. 360 are the beggers when it comes to JRPG, it would be suicide to make 360 JRPG exclusives and it is alreadty showing ala TOV, IU. There are so many upcoming PS3 games in Japan which will tear apart 360 such as WKC, Yakuza 3 etc there will be less and less reason to make JRPG on 360.

Wii will be well ahead in terms of jrpg, then PS3 as well behind both will be 360.

listen i don't want to sound like a jerk but that is one of the dumbest things i've read all day, the number of jrpg's on the 360 right now is crushing the ps3's number of jrpg's. I'm not saying its because xbox is the greatest system ever or anything but thats just the facts. Also the only reason square enix sales are down on games like IU and TLR are because they honestly aren't that high of quality. I know that i personally borrowed both from a friend instead of buying them because of the generally negative reviews. $60 is alot of money and most people want to be sure they are getting a quality product before throwing that money around

I'm going to say no. Isn't this game using motion controlls anyway? I think what it might come down to though is the success of XIII on PS3.
Could always be wrong, I mean I was so sure that XIII would never go to 360 and it did.

No, I think Versus will be the last game that is exclusive on PS3 from Square Enix.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ Dianko

Uum in Japan (where Versus XIII will matter the most) the PS3s userbase is higher than the 360's and how have the sales of ANY SE JRPG (IN ANY REGION) on the 360 lead you to that conclusion?

SE is not going to make the decision based on either consoles userbase in JAPAN. PS3 sells like shit, and 360 sells even worse. This is a Final Fantasy game, it will sell in America, and it will sell in Europe. So the question they would be asking is, is it worth it giving up on the 40 million + plus userbase the 360 will likely have by the time this game launches? I think it's foolish for anybody to make any arguments regarding HD exclusivity that hinges on sales in Japan.

BenVTrigger said:
RPG said:
Dianko said:
RPG said:

listen i don't want to sound like a jerk but that is one of the dumbest things i've read all day, the number of jrpg's on the 360 right now is crushing the ps3's number of jrpg's. I'm not saying its because xbox is the greatest system ever or anything but thats just the facts. Also the only reason square enix sales are down on games like IU and TLR are because they honestly aren't that high of quality. I know that i personally borrowed both from a friend instead of buying them because of the generally negative reviews. $60 is alot of money and most people want to be sure they are getting a quality product before throwing that money around

Yes 360 has more JRPG RIGHT NOW and it is a case of quantity>quality for that console. It is now getting FFXIII and SO4.

Wii is getting the next tales game, DQ 10 and now that has happened a LOT more.

PS3 gets WKC, FFXIII and Versus so out of all of those I would say the PS3 has the stronger JRPG line up thanks to the L5 game and 2 FF games.

Dont worry you dont sound like a "jerk", your just a very misinformed little boy.

Dianko said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ Dianko

Uum in Japan (where Versus XIII will matter the most) the PS3s userbase is higher than the 360's and how have the sales of ANY SE JRPG (IN ANY REGION) on the 360 lead you to that conclusion?

SE is not going to make the decision based on either consoles userbase in JAPAN. PS3 sells like shit, and 360 sells even worse. This is a Final Fantasy game, it will sell in America, and it will sell in Europe. So the question they would be asking is, is it worth it giving up on the 40 million + plus userbase the 360 will likely have by the time this game launches? I think it's foolish for anybody to make any arguments regarding HD exclusivity that hinges on sales in Japan.

Your digging yourself in it deeper and deeper, best you stop while your behind.

RPG said:
BenVTrigger said:
RPG said:
Dianko said:
RPG said:

Yes 360 has more JRPG RIGHT NOW and it is a case of quantity>quality for that console. It is now getting FFXIII and SO4.

Wii is getting the next tales game, DQ 10 and now that has happened a LOT more.

PS3 gets WKC, FFXIII and Versus so out of all of those I would say the PS3 has the stronger JRPG line up thanks to the L5 game and 2 FF games.

Dont worry you dont sound like a "jerk", your just a very misinformed little boy.

um actually i'm a 21 year old working on my journalism degree at Mizzou so i'm quite the opposite of a mis informed little boy thank you. I agree that sony easily has a large enough install base to qualify for exsclusive and in fact in believe Versus 13 will remain exsclusive. My only point was that you are ignoring trends in gaming and the FACT is that currently Jrpg's are landing on the xbox. You can sit and try and predict the future based on what you think is going to happen but i'll stick with the numbers and what we can actually SEE happening with current trends.

I don't need to predict, JRPG of high production values are hitting the PS3 this and next year. I am saying that when the time comes for the release of FF Versus the PS3 numbers compared to 360 in Japan will be huge so no need for it to go onto 360.

Every week the gap between 360 and PS3 widens where JRPG sell most, want to guess where that is. BTW good on you going into journalism, bravo.