By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will HD consoles be forgotten?

At some point last gen, people stoped to fight about console wars, and throwing out titles, PS2 was the dominant, no more talk about Gamecube or Xbox, period.

When will it happen IF happens this gen?

My bet is going to 2010, the Wii will be massified, it will define this gen. Will become the nº1 platform for developers just like DS is now and PSP is almost dead for thirds.

(Today's news of Dragon Quest X exclusive for Wii is the proof and just the beggining)

Around the Network

I don't wanna be rude but who's gonna forget: uncharted, gears of war, resistance, motorstorm, little big planet, FFXIII, SO4, ... ?

'Forgotten' is taking it too far, IMO...especially since the PS360 (more specifically the 360) usually sells lots of 'core' 3rd party software.

Tremble said:
I don't wanna be rude but who's gonna forget: uncharted, gears of war, resistance, motorstorm, little big planet, FFXIII, SO4, ... ?

The same people that forgot about Halo1, Halo2, Zelda Wind Waker, Otogui, Metroid Prime... enough?

Gné Oo? Who forgot halo and WW? No really, I guess people will remember the games I was talking about and forget zack and wiki, wii sports, wii music and all the others.

Around the Network

Wii gets one major 3rd party franchise. HD consoles get everything else.

No, I think they'll be fine...

The DQ 10 announcement for Wii, was anyone actually shocked?

I think it will stay at a good 50/50 discussion rate. The Wii will rule the day, but HD consoles won't be forgotten. Many of the so-so average games will be forgotten from the HD consoles next gen.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Wii gets one major 3rd party franchise. HD consoles get everything else.

No, I think they'll be fine...

I remember people speaking the same way about DS x)

Can I quote you and use in my sig? Within a year, not much, that statement will be in the same category as:

- "The Wii is uncertian I expect it to be last in 08"

- "GT5 Prologue will sell more than Mario Kart"

- "Wii is a fad and will only last a year"

One_touch_KO said:
Tremble said:

The same people that forgot about Halo1, Halo2, Zelda Wind Waker, Otogui, Metroid Prime... enough?

If the "core" gaming market is forgotten in favor of the new "casual" gaming market, sadly, I will be forgotten too.  That is not to say I don't enjoy the occassional "pick up and play" game, as indeed, I do...but if the Halo's, Metroid Prime's and Final Fantasy's of the world are to be "forgotten", then all that I've grown to love about this industry will have been forgotten as well.

Fortunately for me, I absolutely disagree with you.  Not only will HD consoles NOT be forgotten but technologies beyond innovative motion controls will be tested, developed and created for the next round of consoles.  Hurray for beer!