By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So who do you want to run against Obama in 2010?

Final-Fan said:
Kasz216 said:
No real blame game about it.  Just see no way to get back to the "Good old days." politically.

People seem hellbent on wasteful spending regardless.

Even a depression won't stop them since constant spending is what's supposed to get you out of a depression.

We seem somewhat caught in a loop of crazy spending.

I mean, i'd argue that the Neocons took power... probably with Reagan starting mostly.

I mean Reagan promised a lot of cuts... one of his and George Bush's big campaign planks was "I will eliminate the useless department of education."

It's still here though... why?  It's a great place to put political lackies.

Also Ninja Breadman was created by a British Company. So they're more likely to be left leaning then right leaning.

Though admittidly government intervention could have prevented the game from coming out.

I was joking.  Although ... Republicans ~ Thatcherites, so being British is no escape. 

So far, from what you've said, it seems that neocons are greatly to blame for what you are talking about (and I agree with that assessment); I just don't get the 'Democrats are just as culpable and may even have started it' that you initially said.  If we take that part out, I don't think we have an argument here.

I think a large par tin the rise of the Necons was the democrats and there general wants to raise taxes and allocate more funds to wasteful goverment bueracracy.

As such we went from a "High taxes + Wasteful Spending" and "Low taxes + less Spending" to "High Taxes & Wasteful Spending" and "Low taxes + Wasteful spending."

Around the Network

The thing is, as Republicans, we have to go back to our roots and say "Look guys--We screwed up, royally." The big government thing is not us and does not satisfy our base. I suspect it was the catch-22 situ. of your damned if u do and damned if you don't esp with DHS because of 9/11 but we have to learn that other depts can be subsidized and completely eradicated. Big gov't is never the answer and our base knows this. Somebody who knows this in 2012 will be a perfect match for Obama.

But ... that makes no sense, Kasz. That's like a murderer blaming it on the victim, who pissed him off.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Republicans, please dont nominate Sarah Palin.  She is a complete moron that had trouble getting out of community college.  The last thing we need is a retarded president (and before any says it, no Bush isnt stupid he just played down to Earth to make hismelf more marketable to voters).

I would personally like to see Olympia Snowe be the Republican nominee, but I wouldnt be upset if somebody like Mitt Romney won beause he is a very capable leader.

ManusJustus said:

Republicans, please dont nominate Sarah Palin.  She is a complete moron that had trouble getting out of community college.  The last thing we need is a retarded president (and before any says it, no Bush isnt stupid he just played down to Earth to make hismelf more marketable to voters).

I would personally like to see Olympia Snowe be the Republican nominee, but I wouldnt be upset if somebody like Mitt Romney won beause he is a very capable leader.

Great on economics and would have been better this year but the Mormon topic has not gone away with evangelicals and he is a flip-flopper (he was a successful CEO, you have to be).  This could hurt Romney though.  Obama will say he is the same old slick, rich country club member...

Around the Network

I say Bobby, Huck, or Sarah i will be fine with.

"Like you know"

I've heard good things about Snowe, and Romney is much better than Palin. I still don't know much about Jindal other than really basic info.

Huckabee is likable but he has stances on issues that are too far out of line with the public and I don't think he could get all the way to the White House without them coming to attention. Bush campaigned in 2000 by portraying himself as pretty much the opposite of who he was but I don't think that would happen again ... although some would disagree.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
But ... that makes no sense, Kasz. That's like a murderer blaming it on the victim, who pissed him off.

Nah it's more like blaming the people who internet deck in a collectable card game for everyone having to do so now.

The people went with what's going to get them money.

It's why we need a balanced budget ammendment.

Final-Fan said:
I've heard good things about Snowe, and Romney is much better than Palin. I still don't know much about Jindal other than really basic info.

Huckabee is likable but he has stances on issues that are too far out of line with the public and I don't think he could get all the way to the White House without them coming to attention. Bush campaigned in 2000 by portraying himself as pretty much the opposite of who he was but I don't think that would happen again ... although some would disagree.

I wouldn't vote for anyone listed above.

Huckabee wouldn't get out of the gate because of "Fair Tax".  He'd get ripped apart on that.

@Kasz Why not Jindal?