By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bundled games ALSO count as a seller

NeoRatt said:
Kasz216 said:
NeoRatt said:
I believe bundles should count as long as the software is not first party and is available to be purchased at retail or over a console network (Live, Home, etc.) separately.

Why is Hexic not tracked for 360 if WiiSports is tracked? It ships with every 360 hard drive. And Uno and Pac-man ship with every arcade 360. Why are they not tracked?

Hexic HD is a downloaded game... that's predownloaded on to the 360's harddrive.  How is that the same?

It's just a pure download game when it's directly on the HD.  It's just... predownloaded.

Hexic should not be tracked because it is first party...  I was simply stating why should it not be included while WiiSports is.  I see no difference between the two.  Both are available entirely free.

We can buy and download Uno and Pac-man digitally over Live and we have to pay for them, so why aren't they considered bundled games?  I'm sure that if Warhawk (which is a downloadable game) was bundled it would be tracked.

The point I'm trying to make is:  that we have rules that seem to apply to some games and not to others in tracking on this site.  I would like to see a clear statement as to what does and does not constituite a trackable bundle.  And I would like to see them applied universally.

The wii is cheaper in Japan... by about 50 bucks when it first came out.  Wii Sports sells for like 40-50 in japan.

Doesn't sound free to me.

If Uno and Pacman come on a DVD and not on the HD or Memory card.  Then yeah.  They should be counted.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
People buy Wiis so they can play Wii Sports. Trust me. The game counts. Either way, the consumer's motivation can not be accounted for, so we should count all game sales.

I understand people wanting to include WiiSports because it is something people associate with the Wii. 

But, how many people would buy WiiSports on 360 or PS3 with their current controllers?  I think it is the motion controls that are selling the Wii, not WiiSports.  WiiSports would completely bomb on the other two consoles. 

Kasz216 said:
NeoRatt said:
Kasz216 said:
NeoRatt said:
I believe bundles should count as long as the software is not first party and is available to be purchased at retail or over a console network (Live, Home, etc.) separately.

Why is Hexic not tracked for 360 if WiiSports is tracked? It ships with every 360 hard drive. And Uno and Pac-man ship with every arcade 360. Why are they not tracked?

Hexic HD is a downloaded game... that's predownloaded on to the 360's harddrive.  How is that the same?

It's just a pure download game when it's directly on the HD.  It's just... predownloaded.

Hexic should not be tracked because it is first party...  I was simply stating why should it not be included while WiiSports is.  I see no difference between the two.  Both are available entirely free.

We can buy and download Uno and Pac-man digitally over Live and we have to pay for them, so why aren't they considered bundled games?  I'm sure that if Warhawk (which is a downloadable game) was bundled it would be tracked.

The point I'm trying to make is:  that we have rules that seem to apply to some games and not to others in tracking on this site.  I would like to see a clear statement as to what does and does not constituite a trackable bundle.  And I would like to see them applied universally.

The wii is cheaper in Japan... by about 50 bucks when it first came out.  Wii Sports sells for like 40-50 in japan.

If Uno and Pacman come on a DVD and not on the HD or Memory card.  Then yeah.  They should be counted.

I had to buy Uno and Pac-man because I didn't buy the Arcade console.  So why don't they get tracked?  I had to pay to get them.

Of course they (bundled games) should count because they were SOLD (along with the console) to the customer.
As long as you actual don't get a game for free i.e. the publisher throws them out of the window (exaggerated) or find some buried in the desert (was that ET for the Atari 2600?) it has to be counted as a copy that was sold.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

NeoRatt said:
Kasz216 said:
NeoRatt said:
Kasz216 said:
NeoRatt said:

I had to buy Uno and Pac-man because I didn't buy the Arcade console.  So why don't they get tracked?  I had to pay to get them.

They're downloadable games.  We don't track downloadble games.  If they came on a HD or a memory card they're just predownloaded.

Around the Network

Wii Sports is a DEMO Disc, nothing more.

You pay for the Wii and get the DEMO Disc for free.

If the game was sold by itself from the get-go it wouldn't be nearly as popular and would have faded away 22 months ago.

Gamefaqs.com =  "The best tech demo you'll ever play."

1up.com = "For only being a demo of what the Wii can do, Wii Sports is a lot of fun."

For the whole: "must take away bundle sales from all bundles"

Normal Game bundles "not demo's" are packaged for special events, offers, and not the (Wii/Wiiplay) Only way to get it bundle.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:

If the game was sold by itself from the get-go it wouldn't be nearly as popular and would have faded away 22 months ago.

1up.com = "For only being a demo of what the Wii can do, Wii Sports is a lot of fun."

Normal Game bundles "not demo's" are packaged for special events, offers, and not the (Wii/Wiiplay) Only way to get it bundle.

Which is totally proven by the fact that Wii Sports still sells amazingly well in japan despite never being bundled with the system.

No wait... that proves the opposite.  Silly me.

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Wii+Sports+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100

Wii sports has better legs then any game out there where it's not bundled.

So does that really make it more of a game then most?  Since your definition of a game seems to be how long it sells?

DTG said:
Huh? We are not paying for wiisports, the game is damn free. In countries where the wii doesn't come bundled with the game the system costs just as much as in countries where it does.

It does now.... but it didn't originally.

When it launched at the same RRP as now, The Wii was about $20-25 cheaper to buy in Japan than USA (it was also $20-25 more in Europe, but that's partly because the tax is included in the RRP here, but not in America)

So America and Europe where Wii Sports was bundled, it was roughly the same price (slightly more in Europe but then so are the other consoles) but cheaper in Japan. It's the wavering economy that sent the relative prices all over the place, first with it beacoming relatively cheaper in the USA compared to elsewhere, then more recently, it has actually become more to pay for a Wii in Japan than elsewhere.

You can't blame the economy to say a game is free (or in fact negative at the moment) You are in fact paying for Wii Sports, UNLIKE some other bundles, like the current 360 one where the price remained the same as it was before in each region, but they added games.

Wii Sports would easily be a 10 million seller now even if it ad not come with the Wii, I am not so naive to claim it would have sold the same, but at a minimum it would be at 1/3rd of it's actual sales.

Kasz216 said:
sega4life said:

Which is totally proven by the fact that Wii Sports still sells amazingly well in japan despite never being bundled with the system.

No wait... that proves the opposite.  Silly me.

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Wii+Sports+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100

Wii sports has better legs then any game out there where it's not bundled.

So does that really make it more of a game then most?  Since your definition of a game seems to be how long it sells?

It's still a Demo Disc... lol

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Kasz216 said:
NeoRatt said:
Kasz216 said:
NeoRatt said:
Kasz216 said:
NeoRatt said:

They're downloadable games.  We don't track downloadble games.  If they came on a HD or a memory card they're just predownloaded.

I think the medium to distribute a game is a pretty weak excuse, especially since digital distribution is becoming more and more important.  Is this site going to continue to ignore digital distribution?  It won't be around in 3-7 years if it does because I think that a significant percentage of sales will be digital going forward.