By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: 800K Wiis sold Thanksgiving Week. VGC Confirmed?!?

The Number i see thrown around here for the rest of NA including canada is 10% maybe 15 on boxing day week

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
bigjon said:
The Number i see thrown around here for the rest of NA including canada is 10% maybe 15 on boxing day week

Yeah; sorry. Don't know where 5% came from. My other point still stands: Nintendo's figure has about the same chance of error as VGC's does.

oh, the 5% is the margin of error. meaning if the numbers fall with that, they are considered correct.

Like if NDP has 360 selling 300k, and VGC has it selling 315K that is 5% and would be considered 100% correct even though they are not the same.

I think the goal here is 10% margin from what I can tell. They seem happy as long as they get within 10%.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Good job VGC! Claps all round

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

bigjon said:
Soleron said:
bigjon said:
actually according to this Wii totals for last week should be over 850k (minimum)

This is 800k in just US. Add 10-15% for rest of NA.

TheSource explained that by 800,000, Iwata means 775,000 since if it was over 800,000 he would have said. It's only +5% for other NA territories so VGC is about right.

yea, the source is guessing he means 775k... Maybe it is 799? 805? Source could be right. But either way Wii sales were more like 850k in NA at the least (775k + 10%)

Also if we are gonna assume Nintendo is rounding up or exagerating... then why dont we just assume that MS MEANT to say the 360 increase 22% when they said "about 25%"

just a thought.

Well with Black Friday included, USA will likely make up more than the usual 90%, but you are correct, NPD+10% will likely be near 850k.... but that is still close for VGC, especially considering NPD is also not 100% accurate.

I would say NPD probably has a margin of error close to 5%, VGC is likely nearer 15% at the moment for Americas.... but is getting better.

Around the Network

Nintendo sales are amazing... its good to see ioi so close!

EDIT: I just noticed... nobody in this thread has a Christmas avatar.... come on people! Get in the Spirit!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Nintendo knows their own numbers even better than NPD, let alone us. In the past they used to require retailers report all sales back to them as a condition for stocking their product; I think this practice might still be in place.