By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft looking to “break the bank” at E3 2009

Comrade Tovya said:
o187em said:
they're going to be talking about Gears 3, Halo 4, blu-ray add on and and built in, Live price decrease, download and purchase of HD content, Zune integration, and total world domination.

360 is the mark of the beast then?  three 6's and zero people will refuse the mark?

Tenacious D are the only ones who can save us.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Around the Network

Wont be any announcement let alone even hinting of next console. MS wants to maximize profits on the 360 and that means 2012 or the earliest 2011.

Wont be any annoucement of a new redesigned 360 unless it is ready for immediate release. That type of annoucement will happen when they are immediatly ready to sell the new design. Otherwise they hurt existing design sales.

No talk of price cut unless they are doing it right at the event.

This will be about 2009 and 2010 software releases.

If MS ever plans on releasing a motion controller for 360 this will be the time. 360 will have 3-5 years more of good sales after this E3 and time for the controller to catch on.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

They are going to announce Dreamcast Marketplace.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Break the Bank eh?

MS buys either Nintendo or Sony Confirmed? lol

Blood_Tears said:
Break the Bank eh?

well, although it's a far fetched fantasy, it would be really cool if MS & Sony announced a console partnership going forward, and the development of a Sony/MS PS360 for the next gen.  "Microsoft PS360 powered by Sony"

Yeah, yeah, I know it would never happen, but that's not the point.  It would still be pretty cool.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network

FFVXIII multiplat. confirmed?

I know what he's saying:  Peter Jackson's Halo Chronicles is much farther away than you think.  Fall 2010.  But they still want to show it, so why not open the floodgates?

Also, I think this will be a confirmation that the 360 WILL be around for much longer in the future (remember the annual "nothing announced for next year means the nextbox is coming" comments/threads), and teasing for 2010 games will help solidify that.

Comrade Tovya said:
Blood_Tears said:
Break the Bank eh?

well, although it's a far fetched fantasy, it would be really cool if MS & Sony announced a console partnership going forward, and the development of a Sony/MS PS360 for the next gen.  "Microsoft PS360 powered by Sony"

Yeah, yeah, I know it would never happen, but that's not the point.  It would still be pretty cool.

Microsoft doesn't need Sony to rule the market but your remark is interesting since :

Sony is a technology company but lacks of good software services

Microsoft is a software company that lacks of a good hardware reliability

For the consumers, it might be very good

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I dont think will present some sort of 360's successor, it's to early for that and they are enjoying success at the moment. I wouldnt be suprised if they revealed Xbox 360 Slim ready for Holidays 09.

Halo Chronicles for the win.