By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Case Study: Is this Justified?

Just a case study and I want to see what ya think of it. Social experiment without the physical interaction. And of course it’ll lead into a point but until then work with me.

Anyways long time Wii and PC gamer decides to get a PS3. Due to limited funds he buys one game with it... Metal Gears Solid IV. Bought this because he heard this was the best title. Gets through the title and loves it.

Thus at first he loves the PS3 off of the basis of playing that one game. Then he buys two more games. LittleBigPlanet, Call of Duty 4, and Motorstorm. After a week of playing them he doesn’t like any of the titles. Actually most of them he detests. His opinion has slowly changed.

He then looks at the rest of the lineup and sees nothing else that interests him. He replays MGS4 one more time and doesn’t touch the console for awhile. After a couple of months, he trades it in and buys a 360 instead. He then talks to his friend about not liking the console and that its awful.

Now here’s the question. Is it justified? After that scenario is it justified for him to spread the hatred about that console? Is justice happening right now?

Around the Network

yes...he is completely justified in talking to his friend about how he doesnt like the console.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
yes...he is completely justified in talking to his friend about how he doesnt like the console.

Why is it justified then?

give that PS3 to someone that appreciates it

Sure it's justified. It's just stupid.

It's not the consoles fault if he doesn't like certain games.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
MrBubbles said:

hes having a conversation with his friend about a console he doesnt like.   if you have an issue with your friend for doing this, then you have some issues,(opposite should you be the one talking and him with the problem)

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

stof said:
Sure it's justified. It's just stupid.

It's not the consoles fault if he doesn't like certain games.

Then it's not justified.  If it's his fault and not the console then its not justified. 

Then the question is how would he have justifed his opinion?

MrBubbles said:
Zucas said:
MrBubbles said:

hes having a conversation with his friend about a console he doesnt like.   if you have an issue with your friend for doing this, then you have some issues,(opposite should you be the one talking and him with the problem)

Oh comprehension skills need to improve on this site.  It's not about the expression of his opinions to his friends.  I'm asking about justifcation.  Given that scenario, is it justifed for him to rant on the PS3 given his circumstances.  Did he give the PS3 justice is the question.

Zucas said:

Now here’s the question. Is it justified? After that scenario is it justified for him to spread the hatred about that console? Is justice happening right now?

Really depends on how he is spreading the "hatred". If he is saying "The PS3 fails to deliver a range of games that appeals to my taste and I would not purchase one" then yes, that is fine, but if he is saying "The PS3 is terrible because the all the games on it are rubbish" then possibly not since he has only sampled a select few and does not necessarily indicate that it is his direct opinion.

The scope of your question is too broad to answer it properly (but maybe that is the point of your social experiment ).

Some quick questions, if you don't mind.

1) Does he like his 360?

2) What games does he like on his 360?

And a small error, not really a big deal......you wrote he bought 2 games, but you listed 3.