By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Star Ocean 4 or White Knight Chronicles?

WKC will sell more, JRPG sell best in Japan and there is absolutely no denying that.

Around the Network

Hard to say...

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I think Star Ocean will sell more than WKC worldwide, but WKC will sell more in Japan.

What for the actual games, Star Ocean TLH interests me more than WKC: it has much more interesting characters and world designs (in my opinion) and more interesting battle system. However, I still have an interest in WKC since it looks kind of similar to FFXII, but other than that - the game didnt manage to impress me so far.

Level 5 is a fantastic developer. WKC will be a lot better than SO4. And new franchises and ideas are always welcome.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

Rei said:

I think Star Ocean will sell more than WKC worldwide, but WKC will sell more in Japan.

What for the actual games, Star Ocean TLH interests me more than WKC: it has much more interesting characters and world designs (in my opinion) and more interesting battle system. However, I still have an interest in WKC since it looks kind of similar to FFXII, but other than that - the game didnt manage to impress me so far.

I've noticed this too, and it's one factor that's keeping me so interested in this game.

Around the Network

white knight chronicles. higher install base in japan.

actually x4 times.

and JRPG aren't doing stellar in the US.

leo-j said:
WKC will outsell SO4 by 10 to 1 at the least, unless square isnt retarded and releases it on the ps3..

Rofl, silly Leo-J and his exageratted bias opinions! This is one of my favorites from last year:

leo-j said:
ceres said:
leo-j said:
I think we will see the ps3 taking 2nd in 2008.

I'm basically saying the release date of FFXIII.

Yep when FF XIII is released japan sales will probably go up to 100k weekly for the ps3 O_o

So, its going to pass 360 next year around mid or late year.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

We had "The Last Remnant vs White Knight Chronicles", now "Star Ocean vs White Knight Chronicles"...

My answer is still the same:

360 is really strong when it comes to US/EU games, but when a JRPG is on the 360, is sent to die, Sony and Nintendo are still the J-companies and so most J-games sell better on their consoles... So if Star Ocean doesn't get a PS3 release, it will flop in Japan and it will underperform in the West...

White Knight Chronicles will do good in Japan, in the West we'll have to see, since it's the 1st PS3 exclusive JRPG it's uncertain how it's gonna perform...

WKC by miles.

White Knight Chronicles easily