By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - End of generation Predictions

MS will be the first to release a new console (around early 2011). By that time X360 will be ahead of PS3 by around 5 million units.
Both Sony and Nintendo won't release a new console before 2012.
MS new high-production-cost machine will be killed by PS3/Wii-2 multiplats since third-party support will shift very slowly to PS4/X720.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
MS will be the first to release a new console (around early 2011). By that time X360 will be ahead of PS3 by around 5 million units.
Both Sony and Nintendo won't release a new console before 2012.
MS new high-production-cost machine will be killed by PS3/Wii-2 multiplats since third-party support will shift very slowly to PS4/X720.

I think Nintendo has a good chance of being the first as well.  It wouldn't take much effort to make an HD Wii that works 100% with SD Wii titles flawlessly.  They did the same thing with their handheld consoles, moving flawlessly from Gameboy to Gameboy Advance to DS without a single bump.  Nintendo's handheld monopoly has been an object of jealousy for whomever tried to go head to head with them.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

I must admit, things look bright for Wii-2.

JGarret said:
Good predictions, scottie.

The only part where I disagree is I don´t think the Wii will end up with the majority of the big budget 3rd party titles.

No way for me to know this, I´m pulling this one out of my ass, but that´s the way I see it going.

This generation has been so unique and weird compared to previous ones, it may be 'history' won´t make her presence felt again in many areas this time, such as the Wii may be the 1st leader system that doesn´t get the majority of these 3rd party big blockbusters...we´ll see though, this suspense ought to be fun.

DQX announced for the Wii mere days after I create this thread :D

I believe we are starting to see history repeating itself, and third party support coming to the Wii, as it did to the PS1

As you say, only time will tell as to whether this is a one of or a sign of things to come

My prediction of LTD sales

PS3: 35 M
360: 65 M
Wii: 85M

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network
Tyrannical said:

PS3: 70 M
360: 65 M
Wii: 120M

fixed.

Last gen, only about 150M consoles were sold total WW.
I think some of these 300M predictions are a bit too high, someone has to loose. I just happen to think the PS3 is going to be the big looser this generation. Thus only a 35M prediction.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.

Last gen, 185 million and counting consoles were sold :P

If the PS2 sells 1 million more consoles in its lifetime (which it will) then you are predicting market contraction

I'm sorry to be like this, but your predictions are too low, you are wrong.

scottie said:
Last gen, 185 million and counting consoles were sold :P

If the PS2 sells 1 million more consoles in its lifetime (which it will) then you are predicting market contraction

I'm sorry to be like this, but your predictions are too low, you are wrong.

I think I was only counting from the time the PS2 launched to the time the 360 launched.

Roughly 100M PS2, 25M Xbox, 24M GC

Cthulhu said:
Tyrannical said:

PS3: 45 M
360: 90 M
Wii: 80 M

fixed.

Refixed.

My Gaming Setup