By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii in Japan - Down 577,000 Units For The Year Compared to 2007?

rolstoppable: games of third party sell less on the wii than ps3!! and look at the userbase. no company will like to make a gme for the wii because their games dont sell on the wii. how do you explain that ps3 has more hits than the wii considering the big diference in userbase. people in japan buy the wii only bwcause is popular and because of 1sst party games. 3rd party games dont sell.

Around the Network

The Wii is doomed? Just like Wii Fit is a miss!

lol gorgory was trestres, i had a little clues

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Wow I thought it would have been more haha. But aside from PSP and 360, everything is down. Of course for both of those too do it they had to have constant mini revivals to keep sales going... especially the 360.

RolStoppable said

EDIT: He got banned while I was typing this.

lol

Around the Network

@Gorgory :
Well first there aren't 13 but 12 third party games that reached 100k in Japan on PS3 this year. Then if you look at the list : MGS4, DMC4, Yakuza Kenzan, GTA 4, DBZ Burst Limit, Winning Eleven 09, Valkyria Chronicles, Soul Calibur 4, Pro Yakyû Spirits 5, Samurai Dou 3, Disgaea 3, Armored Core for Answer.

MGS3 sold 831k, DMC3 sold 288k, Yakuza 2 sold 747k, GTA 3 sold 407k, DBZ SM sold 758k, Winning Eleven 10 sold 1.05M, Soul Calibur 3 sold 131k, Pro Yakyû Spirits 4 sold 188k, Samurai Dou 2 sold 226k, Disgaea 2 sold 150k, Armored Core 3 sold 229k.

So all of these games are sequels of games that sold more than 131k, so that would have been really disappointing if they didn't reach 100k.

Now look at the Wii list : Deca Sporta, Tales of Symphonia 2, Mario & Sonic at Olympic Games, Family Trainer, Family Ski, One Piece, Furai no Shiren 3.

None of them are sequels of anything big (if anything at all), except for Tales of Symphonia.

Wii Fit used to shift lots of hardware, but not any more.

Now Nintendo have focused their advertising on Wii Music and Animal Crossing, but neither seem to be system sellers.

Maybe the holiday season will help.

PSN - hanafuda

All I know...is that so far, it looks like the Wii could have another Christmas like last years in Japan... And that's gotta count for something... right?

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS3&reg2=Japan&cons3=X360&reg3=Japan&start=39411&end=39782

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Gorgory was a trestres alt!? Seriously, what the HELL is wrong with this douche? Can he not live without bashing the Wii? To think that he used to pretend to be some kind of Nintendo fan. I always knew he was a concern troll.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Gorgory was a trestres alt!? Seriously, what the HELL is wrong with this douche? Can he not live without bashing the Wii? To think that he used to pretend to be some kind of Nintendo fan. I always knew he was a concern troll.

Next up, yushire? Always concerned about Wii games, riling people up with concerns about third parties and the such.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957