By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Just Got A New PC: Reccomend Me Some Games

As far as virus protection, etc., if I was running Windows I would go in and turn off most of the crap that MS leaves on by default such as unnecessary TCP/UDP services, etc.

Then I would configure my router to disable/stealth most of the inbound traffic except for ports 80/443/etc.

Then I would download Firefox, activate/download the pop-up/flash/etc. blockers, and use it as my default browser.

Then I would download Spybot S&D and Lavasoft AdAware spyware checking software from downloads.com and run them once a day.

Yeah, I work in information security and I'm always preaching this, but my laptop just got owned and I'm really careful about where I browse, etc. There are just too many people hacking as a profession instead of joyriding these days, and the odds are starting to really lean against Internet users.

Around the Network

civilization 4, spore, world of goo, fifa 09, call of duty , prince of persia

If you haven't you MUST play AoE, AoM, Warcraft III and Diablo 2!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Is Spore any good? I was excited for it when I heard it was going to revolutionize gaming but then I heard it failed. It ended up doing a lot of things at a mediocore level.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

^ Remember this awesome video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198 ?

Well, it's nothing like it now. :/

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
Falcon095 said:
If you haven't you MUST play AoE, AoM, Warcraft III and Diablo 2!

What's AoE? Yes I have played WarCraft III love it. I meant not a lot of PC games in eight years. lol

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

@SHMUPGurus
Is it bad?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

SHMUPGurus said:
^ Remember this awesome video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198 ?

Well, it's nothing like it now. :/

Well, what's it like? crap?

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

just get Dota from warcratf III and you will lose your life in front of your pc

the problem that spore had was about the installation
they didn't let you install it more than 3 times i think they fixed that issue