By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY please market Killzone 2

jerseyboy609 said:
Soriku said:
jerseyboy609 said:
"Waahhh!!! Sony, Please hype this game up so it wont flop, waahhhh" @OP dude, you really need to suck it up man, fuck sony. As long as you get your copy, and I get mine, dont worry about sony making millions back.

If that's how you think why are you on a sales site to begin with? O_o

good topics, plus this is like the metacritic of video game sites. People bring info from many other sites and discuss. Plus the structure is nice. Dont get me wrong, its nice to see games that I like sell, but when it comes down to it whether it flops or not, I will be happy with my copy. I.E. Valkyria Chronicles ;)

That's nice, but why would you criticize someone else for thinking about sales on a site founded on tracking game sales? I'm sure you wouldn't go to GoNintendo and criticize the people there for discussing Nintendo too much.

As for the OP, Sony is aiming this gen to strengthen their stance in the FPS market, just as Microsoft is trying to improve their appeal to the JRPG market. Since FPS on the PS3 are far more successful than JRPGs on the 360, I can safely bet they will launch a massive advertising campaign. The only thing I can see preventing them from doing so is a financial problem in the overall corporation, but in that case they would have far more to worry about than Killzone 2 not selling to its maximum potential.

Around the Network
Xeta said:
jerseyboy609 said:
Soriku said:
jerseyboy609 said:
"Waahhh!!! Sony, Please hype this game up so it wont flop, waahhhh" @OP dude, you really need to suck it up man, fuck sony. As long as you get your copy, and I get mine, dont worry about sony making millions back.

If that's how you think why are you on a sales site to begin with? O_o

good topics, plus this is like the metacritic of video game sites. People bring info from many other sites and discuss. Plus the structure is nice. Dont get me wrong, its nice to see games that I like sell, but when it comes down to it whether it flops or not, I will be happy with my copy. I.E. Valkyria Chronicles ;)

That's nice, but why would you criticize someone else for thinking about sales on a site founded on tracking game sales? I'm sure you wouldn't go to GoNintendo and criticize the people there for discussing Nintendo too much.

As for the OP, Sony is aiming this gen to strengthen their stance in the FPS market, just as Microsoft is trying to improve their appeal to the JRPG market. Since FPS on the PS3 are far more successful than JRPGs on the 360, I can safely bet they will launch a massive advertising campaign. The only thing I can see preventing them from doing so is a financial problem in the overall corporation, but in that case they would have far more to worry about than Killzone 2 not selling to its maximum potential.

When did I criticize him? lol, I just told him to stop crying (basically). Oh, I would go to GoNintendo on purpose and criticize them, just to be a jerk lol

SONY: we don't have the money, market it yourself.

happy holidays

otoniel said:
why ppl is so exited about this game?
Yes the graphics look stunning but let's not 4get that the 1st one was super hyped a.k.a "halo killer"
By Sony and at the end the game was crap
Let's hope guerilla games did a good job this time

I was just like you, thinking that anything Killzone related was not worth anyone's time at all.  But in recent times, after reading some very and I mean very... positive previews from publications, I am convinced that Killzone 2 will atleast be great if not totally amazing.

Soriku said:
jerseyboy609 said:

If that's how you think why are you on a sales site to begin with? O_o Besides, it's not jsut money only. If the game is great, more people who played it is great as they know it must be a great too. It's like people recommending games. They want more people to play a certain game. Sales show that. And more sales means a likely chance of sequels and budget for other games.

Exactly, greater sales equals greater online community, greater chance of a sequel and a bigger budget for more great games.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

Around the Network
Elite1 said:
Soriku said:
jerseyboy609 said:

If that's how you think why are you on a sales site to begin with? O_o Besides, it's not jsut money only. If the game is great, more people who played it is great as they know it must be a great too. It's like people recommending games. They want more people to play a certain game. Sales show that. And more sales means a likely chance of sequels and budget for other games.

Exactly, greater sales equals greater online community, greater chance of a sequel and a bigger budget for more great games.

Also, the more these games sell, the more revenue SCE pulls in, and the sooner they can start dropping the price of the ps3, allowing more people to buy one and experience these awesome games.

makingmusic476 said:
Elite1 said:
Soriku said:
jerseyboy609 said:

Also, the more these games sell, the more revenue SCE pulls in, and the sooner they can start dropping the price of the ps3, allowing more people to buy one and experience these awesome games.

Good point. So in conclusion, sales do matter as they impact many different aspects of the gaming industry. Because of this, we have VGCHARTZ where members who care about gaming sales unite. lol

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

Yes, PLEASE Sony do it! I don't want a meltdown here !!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Falcon095 said:
Yes, PLEASE Sony do it! I don't want a meltdown here !!

Inevitable either way.

otoniel said:
why ppl is so exited about this game?
Yes the graphics look stunning but let's not 4get that the 1st one was super hyped a.k.a "halo killer"
By Sony and at the end the game was crap
Let's hope guerilla games did a good job this time

sony never gave the "halo killer" title to killzone, those were all the gamesites/magazines