By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 5 Graphical powerhouses exclusive to PC

lol besides the crysis games and one of the space games... those were some pretty bad choices.. don't just go with diversity because it's diverse. i mean wot >_>

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

What about The Witcher? I saw that running on my brother-in-law's computer and it looked fantastic. No love for The Witcher ssj12?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

What about The Witcher? I saw that running on my brother-in-law's computer and it looked fantastic. No love for The Witcher ssj12?

very true.... hmm.... ok ill switch out Sins for The Witcher

actually i cant come to think of it. The Witcher is multiplat now.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

why is everyone complaining about sins when it's not on the list X3: Terran Conflict is the closest thing or has the list been updated since comments?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:

why is everyone complaining about sins when it's not on the list X3: Terran Conflict is the closest thing or has the list been updated since comments?

updated

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network

While I agree PCs will tend to have the best graphics, I'm stepping away from PC games for all but RTS games. With GPU costings up to $300, DRM-issues, OS-related compatibility issues, driver problems, etc, it's just not worth having to keep on making upgrades. Besides, Witcher and Crysis are suppose to be coming to consoles anyways.

Steam is really the only reason I buy PC games anymore. Some of PC's best exclusives have nothing to do with graphics. My favorites are still the MMOs (mine is Guild Wars) and some RTS (Total War series).

"What I'd thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes..."
~ J.D. Salinger, "Catcher in the Rye"

ArmA has awesome graphics!!!

And Twice the MP of R2,Yes 128 Players BOOMB!

ruibing said:

While I agree PCs will tend to have the best graphics, I'm stepping away from PC games for all but RTS games. With GPU costings up to $300, DRM-issues, OS-related compatibility issues, driver problems, etc, it's just not worth having to keep on making upgrades. Besides, Witcher and Crysis are suppose to be coming to consoles anyways.

Steam is really the only reason I buy PC games anymore. Some of PC's best exclusives have nothing to do with graphics. My favorites are still the MMOs (mine is Guild Wars) and some RTS (Total War series).

for $130 you can get a GPU that will last you for quite a long time. No need to spend much on a GPU.

ssj12 said:
ruibing said:

for $130 you can get a GPU that will last you for quite a long time. No need to spend much on a GPU.

Not to mention,Most games work on windows systems,drivers can be updated and so forth,and alot of that is on the box.

Past a certain point, the amount to spend on a VGA card should really only be dictated by the native resolution of the display being used (along w/ processing effects and level of visuals).

When running at a display's native max resolution, AA is typically less necessary for smoother graphics. Of course if the VGA card has the processing power to run at a smooth frame rate with processing power to spare , no point in running anything other than max effects.

Currently, between $100-150 seems to be the sweet spot for typical resolutions, which is not to say that cards like the 4850 will run all games optimally. Unfortunately, some games really do require $500+ VGA solutions for the max experience.

Best platform for gaming? Still very subjective.

I build gaming PCs and I still prefer console gaming in many situations. Unless you keep your gaming PC running 24/7, it takes quite a bit more effort to get everything running optimally than to just flip on a console and insert a game.

Generally for multi platform games, I'll go with the PC version, with the knowledge that they are more likely to have driver or hardware conflicts, will likely require a bit of optimization and configuration for the best playback, and of course DRM, which is really beginning to make PC gaming more of a hassle than ever compared to the days when a reg code and CD key were all that were needed to play.

The trade off is the best visuals, assuming a decent hardware set up, properly configured.

Personally, I spend more time with the PC configuring both BIOS, software, OS and hardware than I do actual gaming (which I enjoy to an extent). But if I just want to play a quick game, consoles are a much faster solution with far less hassle.

As much as I like Steam, I have had to re-download multiple games w/ system reinstalls, drive reformats, etc. When you have close to 100GB worth of games purchased, it's not the most convenient thing in the world to recover them, especially if there are busy servers, OS network config issues (which Windows has plenty of), etc.

It's at times like those that installing games off disc is preferable, regardless of the type of DRM being used.