By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama is an X-bot. Well, more like an MS-bot.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/eric2_0/2008/12/obama-uses-zune.html#more

Obama uses Zune. Will iPod fans demand apology?

Posted by Eric Benderoff at 5:25 p.m.

Here’s what we know about President-elect Barack Obama and gadgets:

He loves his BlackBerry. He’s a Mac, not a PC. He was seen working out with a Zune.

Wait...a Zune? Not an iPod? Is it too late for a recount?

Obama’s alleged choice of digital music player has sparked so much buzz in the techie blogosphere that all the incoming traffic briefly crashed the Web site of the Philadelphia paper that broke the story.

“We didn’t anticipate this kind of attention,” said Drew Lazor, the online editor for Citypaper.net.

Obama’s Zune “was a rather innocuous comment in the original piece,” Lazor said of the story by Neal Santos, who spotted the Zune while he worked out Tuesday at the same gym as the president-elect. A tech blogger picked up the Zune mention—in the fourth paragraph, can you say bury the lead?—“and it kind of exploded from there,” Lazor said.

Microsoft’s Zune has just a few percentage points of the digital player market, compared to the 70-percent plus share held by iPod and many techies consider it a weak imitation of Apple's music player. (Full disclosure: I have favorably reviewed, and like, both players.)

Fans of the iPod don't believe Santos account and demand proof of what they consider betrayal by the president-elect, who is known to use that brand. Santos responded in a second post: “I’ve seen a Zune in action. I know what it looks like.”

An Obama spokeswoman confirmed he typically uses an iPod and said she didn’t know where the Zune came from.

Meanwhile, posters at the blog Zune Thoughts have been crowing about the possibility of a presidential convert.

But perhaps this comment from Gizmodo poster berribrand sums it up best: “Uhm hello. He IS the candidate for CHANGE.”

I figured him for a Wii/iPod/VW combo myself.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

IMPEACH HIM NOW !!!!!!!!

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

That's what I call changing the status quo!

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

I really don't like either the Zune or the Ipod that much. The Zune's got a bunch of bullshit DRM that pissed me off so much that I sold it to my brother. It wouldn't even connect to my computer! My computer, for whatever reason, refused to update to WMP10 and wouldn't allow me to install my Zune because of that!

So fuck MS and Apple.

I bought a PSP as an MP3 player instead :) My only complaint is it is a little bulky along with my hard case for it, but hey, it plays video games!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Been posted 2...no... 3 times already.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

I think the Zunes look cooler. I dont use an MP3 player too much. I have a little 1 gig sansa for running (it holds maybe 50 songs... lol)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Um...o.k.

I couldn't care less what music player Obama uses.

Lol.

http://washingtontimes.com/weblogs/out-context/2008/Dec/05/obamas-not-a-zune-dude/
Apparently he was just borrowing it.

go zune! zune>ipod x 100