By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mrstickball's 'RRoD Experience' Thread..Find out how long MS takes to fix!!

They have been fast recently.  Happy you had a somewhat pleasant experience.  My last experience was for a CD drive scratching and it took 17days to get one back. 

Around the Network

Nice.
Mine took 37.
That's considering I live in Canada and had my warranty done through Best Buy Canada.
I should have just sent it in myself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

kinda worry some

what happens when your xbox dies after 3 years?
done for?
buying another console?, the end of this generation sounds interesting to m$.

When my drive died it took me an hour to fix it myself. When it RRODd it took me a week and $150 to send it off to NY and get it back. Damn my diagnostics curiosity!!!

Got mine back today, also with a 1 month Xbox Live card attached, like mrstickball. 

In about 3 hours it will be 21 days to be exact since I last played my 360 and subsequently put in a repair request.  Not a bad turnaround when you factor in Thanksgiving holiday and that I had them ship me the coffin.  Printing out a label and shipping myself would've saved me at least a week. Good thing that I now have a suitable shipping box and foam, in case it happens again.

Around the Network

And I didn't get a free Live card...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Jo21 said:
kinda worry some

done for?

If your console doesn't RRoD until after your warranty has expired, you can send it in, and get fixed for $90.00 (used to be $140.00).

Either way, Microsoft has one of the better, if not best, warranties on the console market. No other console has anything over a 1 year warranty..And even then, the initial X360 only had a 90-day warranty

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Mine took about 2 weeks to come back in March of 07....

Former something....

mrstickball said:
Jo21 said:
kinda worry some

done for?

If your console doesn't RRoD until after your warranty has expired, you can send it in, and get fixed for $90.00 (used to be $140.00).

Either way, Microsoft has one of the better, if not best, warranties on the console market. No other console has anything over a 1 year warranty..And even then, the initial X360 only had a 90-day warranty

Yea that would make sense they have the best warranty seeing that no other console has such a high failure rate, Sony and nintendo don't need to extend theirs cause their machines are actually built to last.

Its good to know your 360 repaired kinda fast. I sent mine in yesterday, when do you think I'll get it back?