By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Did/do your parent/guardian not let you play certain games?

I know some people that live/lived in strict households that parents only let thier children play non violent games. So if so say what was/is the highest rated game you have ever played with your parent/guardian knowing. And what was the highest rated game that you played without your parent/guardian knowing.

my parents never really cared what i played, i was playing RE2 at 8 years old.

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

Around the Network

back in the day street fighter 2 turbo for snes parents heard on the news that kids got hospitalized for playing to long so they didn't want me and my bro to play it any more but we did and they soon forgot

Play Me

My parents were pretty strict when I was younger.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

There were no ESRB ratings when I was a kid. Mom and Dad didn't care if I ate all the power pellets I could handle in Pac-Man. Nothing really looked like anything on the Atari any way. I guess I would'nt have been able to play the "Adult Games" on the Atari 2600, but I didn't even realize there were such things until I became an adult. Let me assure you that they do not interest me now either.

Probably the earliest game I can remember being something I was concerned to show my parents was when I bought Golgo 13 and started playing it. I am just talking console games too. It was easier to find naughty PC games back in the day.

Erm, my mum used to have a hang up about GTA, until I told her to stfu and stole her car, and ran into debt with hookers. I'll show her bad influence.

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
Erm, my mum used to have a hang up about GTA, until I told her to stfu and stole her car, and ran into debt with hookers. I'll show her bad influence.

LMAO.

My parents bought me GTA III back then so they didnt care.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

i used parent/guardian to be politically correct for a change, hope that i didn't confuse people

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

My parents really didn't care what I played, but I still didn't play games like GTA III when they were around.

No, when i was 3 years old, i was playing mortal kombat :P

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

My parents pretty much let me play anything. I can not remember my parents forbidding me any game. My father demanded even that I would see the full Indiana Jones trilogy when I was... 10 or so. He also urged me to watch The Shining with him so... at least he prepared me as soon as he thought I was ready.
Last time he saw me play RE4 and was pretty much amazed by the storydevelopment, graphics and atmosphere so he hasn't changed at least :D.

I'm feeling more sorry for my nephew (14) though. He intends to be a game designer but his mother will not let him play any violent game. I argued that if he wants to be a good designer he should be able to play anything just to learn about it. I slipped him RE4, no more heroes and other "strong" games just to let him learn.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->