By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November Xbox sales "biggest in its history"

Microsoft has released figures that show the November sales for Xbox in Europe were the biggest in its six-year history in the region, with sales up 124% on last November.

GfK-ChartTrack data shows that the console outsold PlayStation 3 across Europe, and made significant gains in markets like France, Spain and Italy.

Microsoft also says that Xbox's strong performance last month made it the fastest-growing console in Europe for November, with its 124% growth dwarfing the 43% for Wii and 3% for PlayStation 3.

Chris Lewis, regional vice president for Interactive Entertainment Business EMEA, said: "November was a very significant milestone for Xbox – we sold the most consoles ever in our history in Europe, and are outselling PlayStation 3 week-on-week across Europe.

"Since the reduction in the Xbox 360 ERP in September, bringing the entry-level price point for Xbox 360 down to £129.99, consumers have responded enthusiastically to the Xbox 360 offering."

Around the Network

Good. They should be.

It is the 360's peak year.

DMeisterJ said:
Good. They should be.

ahh good to know, who told you?

Don't come up with history, this gen proved history wrong so many times.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DMeisterJ said:
Good. They should be.

Next year the pro SKU will reach the 199$ barrier. It's always been the SKU with the biggest demand, so the impact of it going below 200$ will be bigger than the arcade's.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Yes, cutting the price to make it cheaper then the Wii will do these kinds of things.

Around the Network
RPG said:
Yes, cutting the price to make it cheaper then the Wii will do these kinds of things.

Good they were smart enough to set things so they could price cut the console to stimulate the demand and still post profits.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

DirtyP2002 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Good. They should be.

TheSource.

DMeisterJ said:
DirtyP2002 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Good. They should be.

TheSource.

Has he predicted next year they'll sell less? link please =)

Bitmap Frogs said:
DMeisterJ said:
DirtyP2002 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Good. They should be.

TheSource.

Has he predicted next year they'll sell less? link please =)

No.

He's always said that year 3 is the peak year of consoles. 

It was somewhere in one of the sales threads he makes but he makes so many.  <_<

DMeisterJ said:

No.

He's always said that year 3 is the peak year of consoles. 

It was somewhere in one of the sales threads he makes but he makes so many.  <_<

Ah, I see.