By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Whats with Lips sales?

mrstickball said:
China -

Problem is, you didn't bother looking up information before posting, did you?

Lips had a 100% increase from the week prior. It also outsold Abba Singstar in Europe as well.

Only if you talk about PS3 version. PS2 Abba Singstar is selling more than Lips in Europe.

Around the Network

Dude selnor, I can't even answer you because of your sig. You're severely slowing down my pc.

VGC shouldn't allow sigs like that.

Untamoi said:
mrstickball said:
China -

Problem is, you didn't bother looking up information before posting, did you?

Lips had a 100% increase from the week prior. It also outsold Abba Singstar in Europe as well.

Only if you talk about PS3 version. PS2 Abba Singstar is selling more than Lips in Europe.

Why is it that everytime PS3 just can't cut it against the 360, fanboys feel the need to throw in PS2 as damage control and combine it with PS3 numbers? Lol.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

...So we're now arguing 2 Playstation SKUs against 1 to prove a point? Brilliant!

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
...So we're now arguing 2 Playstation SKUs against 1 to prove a point? Brilliant!

It's the "playstation family" argument rehashed.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

Same issue when Scene It! LCA was first released.. it was sold out in every store in Toronto except one local shop... and look at the first week sales...

Of course Best Buy and Future Shop both didn't receive shipments and the local stores only had one or two copies each..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I just got this! Trying out every song, my voice goes silent trying to sing Blondie :(

This is a really FUN game, actually makes me smile, remember when games used to do that back in the day?

WiiStation360 said:

According to this website, Lips sold 15k last week US, in its second week of release.

Most retailers have limited shelf space, and tend to stock what sells. Lips got lost in the massive surge of new games. It may sell well long term.

I think he's from the UK, where the game is most likely to sell. Lips also take up more space on the shelf than regular games, so they can't put as much on the floor. They might have some in the back if ask or just order it online.

It's marketed in the UK heavily (MS overall has most ads on TV literally every commercial break) so i expect that sales will go up and retailers will re-supply.

Game had one copy on the shelf (a dud copy) and when he went out back he brought three with him.

He also gave me a wink!? I'm guessing they think no straight guys will buy this game lol