By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA announces Nascar Kart Racing for the Wii! Yippie!!

*gasp* D: Boom Blox 2? REALLY?!! Now thats what I called news? Where do you get the info soriku?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

@yushire: The team that made Boom Blox was closed down by EA. Boom Blox 2 will be made by a different team.

Also, how can you defend a Kart Racing game based on NASCAR RACING. Wouldnt it be logical for them to release a game for the NASCAR racing fans, rather than a MKWii carbon copy? It smells like shovelware, it looks like it, it sounds like it. At least Nintendo made a proper Kart Racing game, and I believe they are the best company that could make one. Crash Team Racing or Diddy Kong Racing werent bad at all. But this is a quick cash in, end of discussion.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Can't be positive about a stolen idea/quick cash attempt. Check the screenshots, the game looks TERRIBLE. This is just another piece of shovelware, nothing more, nothing less. Read the OP and the info about the game, screams of Mario Kart. Since when do Nascar cars throw rockets at each other?

This is the definition of ridiculous and sad.

I dunno. I think the graphics look good. Anyway, as I said, I don't like Nascar so I would have more chance of buying this game than a regular Nascar game. I'm still looking for a decent racer besides Mario Kart.

However, I have to admit I'm more looking for a game like Diddy Kong Racing. I loved that game. I thought it was much better than MK64.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

the thing is,

it's probably gonna sell 2M lifetime

@Godot: Diddy Kong Racing Wii would be the best news of the year. The bad part is that RARE will not make it, and you know what happened to the series that RARE left behind but another team took, they became worse. Donkey Kong and Star Fox for example.

Nintendo should buy RARE back, I'll pray to the Gods tonight!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

It doesnt matter if Boom Blox sequel will done by another team. Since they knew the basics I mean, the original creator of Devil May Cry and RE4 leave CAPCOM right?

As for the topic. YEAH, sure... that same goes to Carnival Games and Nerf N-Strike but can you call the people bought Carnival games and Nerf N-Strike dumb because those games are cash-ins? Wether its cash in or not, as long as it sell it doesnt matter.

OR may I remind you how many shovelware the PS2 have that became a million seller in its time?

Besides... racing games are boring anyway. This is the way for the casual to be interest in racing games.

As for the quality of the game. LOL if you look closely the graphics was like Boom Blox and Nerf N-Strike, compared to Need For Speed Undercover the graphics was 10 times better. So whats shovelware about it? If you want to define shovelware then give more good examples like Crusin', NFS Undercover, Ninja Reflex, Ninjabread man and the M&M Kart racing game. Now thats I call shovelware. Simply because it caters to the casuals doesnt mean its shovelware. Maybe quick cash-ins since thats what 3rd parties do anyway, but shovelware? NO

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

sorry trestres but im getting tired of the complaining

but what else can i say? it could be fun for kids

11ht11 said:
sorry trestres but im getting tired of the complaining

but what else can i say? it could be fun for kids

I actually like the character model... Theyre cute

E3 2010- Tape runs out

trestres said:
@Godot: Diddy Kong Racing Wii would be the best news of the year. The bad part is that RARE will not make it, and you know what happened to the series that RARE left behind but another team took, they became worse. Donkey Kong and Star Fox for example.

I know :(

Rare used to be my favorite company before they were sold. After my favorite company became Squaresoft but by the end of last gen and this gen, they became crap.

However, I disagree that Nintendo should buy Rare back because I think Rare is pretty much dead. Banjo-Kazooie NB is a terrible game and killed the franchise to me. Viva Pinata is a great game though but it's a completely different style of game than what they used to do. They used to be great in all genre: racing, platformers, fps, fighters, etc.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:
trestres said:

I know :(

Rare used to be my favorite company before they were sold. After my favorite company became Squaresoft but by the end of last gen and this gen, they became crap.

However, I disagree that Nintendo should buy Rare back because I think Rare is pretty much dead. Banjo-Kazooie NB is a terrible game and killed the franchise to me. Viva Pinata is a great game though but it's a completely different style of game than what they used to do. They used to be great in all genre: racing, platformers, fps, fighters, etc.

The franchise? It pretty much killed Rare entirely for me. =/

Sad thing about Viva Pinata is after it released, the Stamper brothers left Rare.