By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA announces Nascar Kart Racing for the Wii! Yippie!!

At least EA is smarter than Ubi. Instead of tossing the same old shovelware at the Wii hoping something sells, they're going with a proven formula and making something that could actually be a decent Mario Kart knockoff.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Its almost as though all these other companies have been so hardcore for so long they forgot how to be original and mainstream at the same time.

The weapons, boomstick and rocket = jesus, anyone that has every watched Wil E Coyote could have come up with that.

I do like the video, but i also think this is a cop out. Atleast diddy kong used different vehicles when they ripped MK for that game.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

FREESTYLE, Its better than ALLPLAY but not much better.

Why the division, it pisses me off. Like there is such a difference between PS360 and Wii. I really think its their own bloody fault when "casualised" versions on Wii don't sell, why don't they try making the same game but suitable for the machines capability.

SW seems to be the best example of casualising though, ill say that.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I'm curious about whether they're going to keep pushing all play or not. The execution was pretty poor...but they're not Ubi so maybe they'll figure out where there seems to be hardly any growth from Madden 08 ro 09.

I think their licensed sports franchise dont really sell well on the Wii wether All Play or not anyway. Atleast it have legs...

Thats why EA do the more casual approach this time, if this sells well then we can see chibby professional stars on licensed sports games, or games like backyard NFL and NBA street

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

The attack of the birdmen!

Bobbuffalo said:
The attack of the birdmen!

Thats SO... 2 years ago. 3rd parties have changed.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

....and you don't feel the slightest bit odd saying that in a thread about a Mario Kart knockoff?

just to post this thread, now everyone here cant debate the "third parties dont get it" and the all-play series anymore...

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51862

E3 2010- Tape runs out

@yushire - well don't tell me that, tell it to the 3d parties that keep spitting terrible nintendo knock offs x_X