By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "It's Cold In Here", said the Avatar

Havn't checked them out yet, been busy.

Brrr-y little snow gear arrives for NXE Avatars

Earlier today, our comrades at X3F caught sight of an NXE Spotlight promo for new Avatar winter gear ... only it wasn't available yet. The wee digital billboard (above) is now absent from the NXE as of this posting, but we've confirmed that the snowboarding/skiing related items are, in fact, now available – for both male and female Avatars – free of charge.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot to get excited about. Each sex has a new jacket, beanie, pair of gloves, and pair of boots available. You can tell there are new items available by the star icon in the upper left-hand corner of the "Change My Clothes" option in the Avatar editor. The new items also have stars on the thumbnails themselves. So, get ready for even more Avatars wearing the same outfit. We hope that Microsoft still plans to introduce more clothing and accessories soon, and in larger quantities.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Interesting. Hope this is the beginning of a trend.

But I still want to be able to make my avatar look like Schwarzenegger.

I checked em. I was a little let down. Only one shirt, one hat, one pair of gloves, and one pair of boots.

This is some useless trivia, but if you make your Avatar spin his head in a circle, it'll get confused. Make him nod, and he'll smile. Make him turn his head from left to right, and he'll get angry. It's something, anyway. My daughter showed me this a week ago.

d21lewis said:
This is some useless trivia, but if you make your Avatar spin his head in a circle, it'll get confused. Make him nod, and he'll smile. Make him turn his head from left to right, and he'll get angry. It's something, anyway. My daughter showed me this a week ago.

I tried that, rather dissapointed when I pushed the joystick diagonally back and fourth he didn't start disco dancing :(

Around the Network

pressing the bumpers does stuff too

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

at least they are not charging for those clothes...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

But it's summer in the southern hemisphere

d21lewis said:

One of the buttons make them open their mouths and have this big shit eating grin on their face.  I love it.  Too bad I couldn't get a picture of it.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Im getting more and more resentful to Miis lol