By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 in 2009...will it continue?

I think 2009 will be the year of the 360, quite honestly.  Microsoft has seen the writing on the wall, with the HUGE amounts of profits that Nintendo is making off games, and they are going to turn MGS into a developer/publisher powerhouse to rival EA and Activsion.  There are ALOT of great little developers out their, and I don't think MGS is going to go on a buying spree, but instead are going to go on a IP buying spree.  Mass Effect was a perfect example of how owning the IP is critical to ensuring you preserve the golden nuggets in your portfolio. 

http://www.xbox360wire.co.uk/2008/12/03/xbox-360-can-it-hold-2009/

This article is speculative, trending from 2008, which was suppose to be the year of the PS...ooops for those estimators.  M4 is getting bullish on gaming, and once that borg-like machine gets transfixed on something, it's going to be hard to stop it.  Look at all this smack talking by Tsunoda:

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200812/kudo-tsunoda-microsoft-game-studios-interview.asp

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Thats going to depend...

IMO Sony cuts price by at least $100, then no, then most likely i see Sony back on top in terms of weekly sales... But not by a large weekly margin, yet still on top again none-the-less..

On the other hand if Sony doesn't drop the price... well the 360 will most likely continue to outsell the PS3 by vast amounts and continue to do well...

All in all 360 will still sell very well in 2009 but i think in terms of weekly sales it wont stay in second place for long (If Sony cuts the PS3 price...)

Let's hope more exclusives are announced for next year than this year.
Sales will be great for the first half of the year. There will be a time though, in the third quarter, where the ps3 starts to catch up. But when christmas comes around again, we will see the xbox leading over the ps3 again... by how much, I don't know.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Oh my god, 360 starts selling alot and everything thinks it'll be king... ITS THE HOLIDAYS PEOPLE, CHEAP CONSOLES SELL

it will continue... BELIEVE!!!!!!

Around the Network

It will continue for at least the first quarter of this year.

The success should continue. It has virtually every worthwhile game out there and games that were exclusive to PS3 just keep getting ported to it all the time. No reason for people to buy a more expensive system that has a lot of the same games and less.

As has been said, this is the holiday season. The 360's sales will return to normal come January. For the rest of the year, 50-80K/wk in N. America and Europe and

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

MS has been closing its studios.  It seems that this generation their plan is to get 3rd party developers to make games for Microsoft IPs like Crackdown, N3, Lost Odyssey, IU, etc.  Seems to be more cost effective than operating their own studios.  Problem is the consistency of the products.  If another Crackdown is made from a developer other than Realtime Worlds it could totally kill the franchise. 

I found a list of MS trademarks.  The video game IP's are pretty interesting.

2009 is the year of the wii, in so many ways

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."