By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did anyone pick up KH Chain of Memories for PS2?

i never played the GBA game, should i pick this one up?

Around the Network

BUMP, where are all the KH diehard fans? SORIKU missing?

Dude pick up this game!!!

It's certainly worth the admission. It's $30, it has a story that is worth looking into. It ties the original KH and KH2 together.

The game is more like a in between thing that was to hold over KH fans until KH2 was to release. The battle system is not like KH or KH2, its similar but it uses cards rather than just the press of the X button. It is unique and different and it will hold you over until the end.

The PS2 version is certainly different than the GBA counterpart. There is more CG scenes and more voice overs than there were in the GBA counterpart, because of hardware limitations.

IGN gave it a 8.4....

Just pick it up, I'm picking it up for myself to complete my KH collection.

Not yet. I heard there was a glitch where you can't get pass the tutorials if you play it on the PS3. Don't have a PS2.

i heard it will be $19.99 next week at circuit city, i'm getting this along with persona 4. long live the PS2

Around the Network

@Mirson

I bought a new slim PS2 a month ago and haven't touched it yet. I'm playing MGS3: Subsistence and God of War now, but I'm not using my PS3 for BC on PS2 games.

@Ari_Gold

Awesome, get it and that price tag of $20 is a freaking STEAL!!!!

Certainly long live the PS2....sad to see its days coming to an end...

Im still a KH Fan, but looking back at it there was only 3 reasons i kept on playing the series.

1: Final Fantasy Characters. Squall/Leon & Sephiroth Rocks!

2: Pretty decent battle system, like a tweked Chaos Legion only...with disney characters...

3: I am Not saying 3 for many reasons due to the fact it may disturb some of you...

All in all imo i may / may not pick it up. how long is it btw?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Im still a KH Fan, but looking back at it there was only 3 reasons i kept on playing the series.

2: Pretty decent battle system, like a tweked Chaos Legion only...with disney characters...

3: I am Not saying 3 for many reasons due to the fact it may disturb some of you...

I can agree, the Final Fantasy and the Disney characters is one of the main reasons I'm a KH fan and plus it was the main reason for me to get a PS2 in the first place...lol..My pops bought the PS2 in mind for my sisters and my sisters wanted KH, so I was like okay I like it too and was kinda forced, but to this day I am a fan. Enjoyed the original KH, KH: Chain of Memories and KH2.

What is reason 3? 

The game is an average of 20-30 hours and you can replay the game again in Rebirth/Reverse mode and get another story.

Sometime when the price drops. I would pick it up, but the battle system...

xlost7 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

I can agree, the Final Fantasy and the Disney characters is one of the main reasons I'm a KH fan and plus it was the main reason for me to get a PS2 in the first place...lol..My pops bought the PS2 in mind for my sisters and my sisters wanted KH, so I was like okay I like it too and was kinda forced, but to this day I am a fan. Enjoyed the original KH, KH: Chain of Memories and KH2.

What is reason 3?

The game is an average of 20-30 hours and you can replay the game again in Rebirth/Reverse mode and get another story.

So about 50-70 hours in total then? Seems fair enough, and @ 30 dollars cant really go wrong.

And as for reason 3...Really now i think i may be avoided here on VG if i tell...lol >_> ...