By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii in America vs PS3 WW

And here we go again, a thread form a yar ago revived.

Last time Wii America managed to surpass PS3 WW, but PS3 made a big comeback.

Some of the comments of that thread were among the lines of it will surpass it before the holidays or never...

this time around I think the holidays will give Wii the edge, if even for just a few weeks.

I think Wii is getting that number next week, what do you think? it only needs to edge PS3 by 80k, and going by the last few week numbers I think it will be very close.

Around the Network

Man the poor PS3 just can't catch a break. At least it's no longer fighting to outsell the GBA.

wii has 800K in America and you think it'll be close? lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

It'll pass it again for a short time.

if we see repeated results next week, Wii America will be ahead of PS3 WW. With PS3-08 sales ~PS3-07 sales, and with the Wii doing so much better than last year, I really think that Wii America will be ahead of PS3 WW by the beginning of 09. However, once we get into January, it will probably repass and PS3 will be the leader in this crazy race.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

ROFFLE.

I remember this subject. Never thought it would be discussed again.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

^agreed and i almost forgot about the GBA crisis
and this really puts it in perspective , the wii in one region is thumping the entire world market for another major system.......not bad for a fad

this numbers should be send to ken kutaragy and ask him what he thinks about it.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

radha said:
this numbers should be send to ken kutaragy and ask him what he thinks about it.

"I guess no one was willing to get that second job after all..."

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

@pristine20 last week was black friday's week... A normal Wii week in america was like 350-450 in the preceding weeks...