By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is GT5: Prologue suppose to be user-friendly difficulty?

Cause I'm playing the A Class now and having a hard time getting past certain events. For example there is this one race where you have one lap and you start out at 16 place. You need to get to first place within that one lap to win. I am driving a Ferrari F450 and the A.I. always seems to get in first place with the Ferrari F450 too.lol

Am I doing something wrong or is this game suppose to be this hard?

Around the Network

it's supposed to be hard :P but there are a few tricks to be able to accomplish that. either you do those tricks (like slide into the pit lane and get a huge boost at the start)....

or you just practice on the car and the track and shave time off your lap.

i prefer the latter.

Gran Turismo, has always been about shaving thousanths of a second off your time. This is a racer's racer.

EDIT: just wait till you get to S class.

PS: I haven't played the new GT so I don't know if they have S class like I remember them having.

yeah it has s-class, and being in s-class requires that you have some knowledge about tuning a car. and yeah its harder still.

well, there is always gamefaqs to help with tuning, from what I remember the lower to the ground, the faster, and hard tires are better for extensive laps, and lots of other stuff.

Around the Network

yeah its suppose to be hard, u have to DRAFT which means drive behind the car for an extra boost, then go pass and keep doing the same thing, sometimes the bronze seems impossible to get,

The fastest way to race in arcade games has been to bounce off of walls and other cars.  This is especially true of GT5 -- look at the fastest time trials.  They all bounce off of walls.

How do you perform wall bouncing. The car bouncing is simple, but how do you wall bounce?

To wall bounce, you just skim the wall with the side of the car (ie. taking corners with walls too fast, but not going head on into the wall and crashing or losing time) and your car will bounce off the wall without losing much speed.

WinAPE - The Windows Amstrad Plus Emulator

JEMU  - The Java Emulation Platform

KylieDog said:
Yes, wall/car bouncing has always been the easiest way to get ahead in GT games.

Please just stop coming to the sony forum posting your negative shit about every ps3 game there is. I mean you say mgs4 and lbp are crap games, but you still leave a comment in every lbp, mgs4 thread that appears.