By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - prison break and heroes are awesome

Lost rules them all :D

I don´t know why, even though I am a big comic book fan, I always hated Heroes. Even my brother who usually doesn´t care about TV shows watched it (the 1st season - the 2nd was apparently horrible and he stpped watching).

Because of him, I watched a few episodes and just couldn´t like or care about it. I liked the japanese guy and the guy with the glasses (kinda) but the rest I thought was horrible (story, acting, etc.)

The season finale was a letdown and the 1st season storyline was totally ripped from Watchmen.

BUt, like I said, Lost rules them all

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

Prison Break is cheesy and lame, but kinda fun. Heroes makes me want to bang my head against a wall for an hour. I've read every one of their characters and storylines in comic books at least 5 times before.

Both suck compared to Lost, which is a guilty pleasure of mine. That show is fun, though ridiculously convoluted and poorly written most of the time.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Prison Break is cheesy and lame, but kinda fun. Heroes makes me want to bang my head against a wall for an hour. I've read every one of their characters and storylines in comic books at least 5 times before.

Both suck compared to Lost, which is a guilty pleasure of mine. That show is fun, though ridiculously convoluted and poorly written most of the time.

I agree, but I think most of it was the fact that up t0 mid season 3 they didn´t have an end in sight so they had to keep adding stuff so things got really messy and they backed themselves into corners it´s gonna be hard for them to get out of.

BUt they also have some killer writing and moments no current show can match.

LOST FTW!!! :D

www.jamesvandermemes.com

marciosmg said:
I don´t know why, even though I am a big comic book fan, I always hated Heroes. Even my brother who usually doesn´t care about TV shows watched it (the 1st season - the 2nd was apparently horrible and he stpped watching).

Most comic fans I know despise Heroes. It gets old seeing that hack Kring rip everything on the show from an old comic storyline.

I lost interest when I realized that they had three story-breaking characters on the show... Hiro, Sylar, and Peter cannot live in a prolonged storyline... The problem is that no one on the show has the balls to kill them all. They need to go. Their mere existence causes so many plot holes that no writer would be able to write around them.

I tried watching season three and once I saw they were continuing down the path of time travel and power absorption without really dealing with how much those characters would fuck up everything, I stopped caring. Those characters just aren't believable, and I say that a little tongue-in-cheek knowing the fantasy nature of the series, I just expect the show to not insult my intelligence.

rocketpig said:
marciosmg said:

Most comic fans I know despise Heroes. It gets old seeing that hack Kring rip everything on the show from an old comic storyline.

I lost interest when I realized that they had three story-breaking characters on the show... Hiro, Sylar, and Peter cannot live in a prolonged storyline... The problem is that no one on the show has the balls to kill them all. They need to go. Their mere existence causes so many plot holes that no writer would be able to write around them.

I tried watching season three and once I saw they were continuing down the path of time travel and power absorption without really dealing with how much those characters would fuck up everything, I stopped caring. Those characters just aren't believable, and I say that a little tongue-in-cheek knowing the fantasy nature of the series, I just expect the show to not insult my intelligence.

Not to mention that half the time he doesn´t even have a game plan, to get somewhere. In more than 1 interview he talked about trying to do thingd to please the audience not doing it and then having no idea how to fix it.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

I was really started to get into watching Heroes. When it comes back next year, I will be watching it more often. Prison Break is great and the first two seasons were awesome.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

marciosmg said:
Lost is lame

heroes is the best tv show i have evr seen along with prison break which is also brilliant

i could not agree more

is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow ?

rocketpig said:
Prison Break is great lost is pathetic and should be never seen again i have not seen heroes though

true

rocketpig said:
Prison Break is great lost is pathetic and should be never seen again i have not seen heroes though

true

themoneyshot said:
marciosmg said:
Lost is lame

heroes is the best tv show i have evr seen along with prison break which is also brilliant

i could not agree more

Er, don't do that again. It's a tired joke and causes problems in long threads where people don't search back to find the person's OP.

And I haven't seen Heroes?

Okay... I only suffered through the entirety of season two and the first two or three episodes of season three. Season one was alright, though.