By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic Unleashed IGN Reviews

Words Of Wisdom said:
disolitude said:

You wont regret it...its a very solid game and looks great for a wii game.

I love that phrase.

Also, Valkyria Chronicles scored very well at IGN IIRC (above a 4 if nothing else).

Valkyria Chronicles is a niche title.  Not many people are going to notice.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

IGN is full of shyte.
Sonic unleashed is a good game. easily 7.5 out of 10 even if you dont like Sonic.

I played both Wii and 360. I will finish the 360 version sometime this week and have the Wii one rented. You really can't go wrong with either.

They are pretty much the same except the visuals aren't as good and the town adventure parts are text based. If you hve HDTV i suggest go with 360.

It controls a bit more intuitevly on the Wii but I personally still preffer the 360 version due to visuals. When Sonic is firing on all cyclinders and running fast, its one of the better looking games ever made. Gameplay is really tight too...you die a lot but because you suck or because game is challenging...not cause you can't handle or control sonic properly.

Werehog levels have fun platforming parts too and are not all bad.

Again fuck you IGN. Did sega cut their advertising on their site or something? Every sega next gen game in recent memory IGN reviews with a 4. Some deserve it(like Irnoman) but Hulk, Golden Axe and Sonic definetly dont.

*cough* Valkyria Chronicles *cough*

Edit: WoW beat me.  >_>

SmokedHostage said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
disolitude said:

I love that phrase.

Also, Valkyria Chronicles scored very well at IGN IIRC (above a 4 if nothing else).

If you're going to a video game website to read review scores in the first place, you're the type that will notice.

Words Of Wisdom said:
SmokedHostage said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
disolitude said:

I love that phrase.

If you're going to a video game website to read review scores in the first place, you're the type that will notice.

This is true. Maybe some of the staff wasn't there at the "conspiracy against sega" meetings? :)

Well I just got done reading the review and they said the whole day/night thing is totally dubbed down. The controls are horrible, they said you would have to press the jump button a second before you actually jump to get across the space.

The graphics are good but the concept of the game is horrible according to IGN. I will steer clear of this game and you should too. The Wii version looks like the ideal pick up if you want that one. IGN gave that game a tad bit higher than the PS3/Xbox 360 versions.

So check that one out.

Around the Network
xlost7 said:
Well I just got done reading the review and they said the whole day/night thing is totally dubbed down. The controls are horrible, they said you would have to press the jump button a second before you actually jump to get across the space.

The graphics are good but the concept of the game is horrible according to IGN. I will steer clear of this game and you should too. The Wii version looks like the ideal pick up if you want that one. IGN gave that game a tad bit higher than the PS3/Xbox 360 versions.

So check that one out.

Your statement has no credibility as you never played the game. Paraphrasing a review your read doesn't count as opinion.

disolitude said:
xlost7 said:

So check that one out.

Your statement has no credibility as you never played the game. Paraphrasing a review your read doesn't count as opinion.

Of course it doesn't but it sure as hell warns me and others from spending $60 and putting time into something that got a horrible review.

xlost7 said:
disolitude said:
xlost7 said:

So check that one out.

Of course it doesn't but it sure as hell warns me and others from spending $60 and putting time into something that got a horrible review.

http://www.gamechronicles.com/reviews/wii/mariokart/mariokart.htm

Look everyone. A reviewer game Mario Kart Wii lower than Sonic Unleashed. You all must stop playing that game now!

My point is that maybe you shouldn't spend 60 bucks on it...but until you try it, you really can't comment on the matter.

Thats a terrible review btw. There are no control issues, the framerate problems are minor and don't hurt the gameplay, sound is quite excellent, controls are good on 360, excellent on the wii. Sheer production of the game puts it in to the blockbuster category as its very polished. That reviewer doesn't know what shes talking about.

disolitude said:
xlost7 said:
disolitude said:
xlost7 said:

So check that one out.

http://www.gamechronicles.com/reviews/wii/mariokart/mariokart.htm

Look everyone. A reviewer game Mario Kart Wii lower than Sonic Unleashed. You all must stop playing that game now!

My point is that maybe you shouldn't spend 60 bucks on it...but until you try it, you really can't comment on the matter.

Thats a terrible review btw. There are no control issues, the framerate problems are minor and don't hurt the gameplay, sound is quite excellent, controls are good on 360, excellent on the wii. Sheer production of the game puts it in to the blockbuster category as its very polished. That reviewer doesn't know what shes talking about.

I listen solely on one reviewer and obiviously the OP did the same thing and the OP trusts IGN but wanted to hear insights on others on this forum. 

Who are "gamechronicles" anyway? I don't know them let alone have they been a source on these forums. Until just now you sourced them.

disolitude said:

Hilary Goldstein is a guy.