By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If there is going to be a price cut for the PS3 in March ...

I think it's something to do with the Killzone 2 release

Around the Network

i doubt the ps3 price cut will have big impact, because it will still be the most expensive console.
why will people get an expensive ps3 compare to a cheaper xbox 360 with stronger game lineup.

^^@scottie

it might if they are planing a big advertising campaign,,they might as well use it to advertise the price drop(hopefully IBM will have the new cell ready)

I think the fiscal year thing makes sense. Stock people get their high off quarterly earnings. So, temporarily keep stockholders happy, then once the new Cell's on the block aggressively (or, well, we'll see) price cut in the hope of market share.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

msnolp said:
i doubt the ps3 price cut will have big impact, because it will still be the most expensive console.
why will people get an expensive ps3 compare to a cheaper xbox 360 with stronger game lineup.

Because they want to play games, not wait for M$ to send them another console with faulty hardware.

May I remind you that the PS3 was dominating the 360 until the 360 price cut.

Around the Network
msnolp said:

Because they want to play games, not wait for M$ to send them another console with faulty hardware.

sorry for the double post.

Actually, that was a triple post now. And the PS3 was not dominating the 360, it was just trying to make up ground since it was 7 million behind. May I remind you that the PS3 sales spike came after dropping the price by $200?

kjj4t9rdad said:
msnolp said:

If the PS3 was 'dominating' the X360 by only 50,000 units a week....What is the X360 doing by beating the PS3 by 400,000 units this week?

Furthermore, I fail to see why your arguing "B-b-but the Playstation 3 was beating the X360 until the price cut!" - Yet the fact was/is, that the PS3 was leading the X360 due to it's own price cut! You must understand that's part of business: Companies compete by offering a better package/deal than the competitor.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

So they can suck out holiday season sales at the current $399 price point.