By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kingdom hearts 2 producer, interested in the xbox 360

SE keeps burring themselves a little deeper in the ground. if they did this, theyd be completely buried.

besides, this is a new article, no? that means hes recently been interested. KH3 is definitely already in development for another system

Around the Network

I haven't read the thread just one thing:
Ctk:2 Soriku:0
The other time is when kh.com remake was announce as a ps2 exclusive rather than a wii one.

PS:Am sure that if the producer said Wii then soriku would be saying that it's a signal and that it matter and all that kind of stuff but now he is saying that the producer has nothing to do,yeah right :P

ClaudeLv250 said:
KH3 on Xbox 360 lol.

People are overeacting.

*sigh*Believe what you want.

theprof00 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
theprof00 said:
taomaster06 said:
a lot of devs are going multiplat, its much more profitable.

a lot of "experienced" devs are going multiplat.

A lot of great "newb" devs are sticking with exclusivity.

Like Insomniac, am I rite?

Bold generalizations FTL

Huh, its interesting how you don't understand what the word "lot" means.

Edit: With the operating word being a clear definition for your "one out of ten" example. 

Oh, I can cite others, too.

Like Simbin. Or many of namco's games. They newb devs too?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

KH 3 for 360 confirmed :)

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Smashed said:
It's not up to the producer where the game goes anyways lol.

lol, I smell sweat. Anyway, I've heard the argument a million times that whoever, the Verses guy, loves the PS3 and that's why Verses isn't on the 360. That is an equally bullcrap argument. It's all business. If MS paid Square for KH3, they'd get it.

Despite your biases, the 360 has actually become a very diversified console, with many people playing it who would enjoy a game like Kingdom Hearts.

It would do my heart good to see it be mistakenly announced as a 360 exclusive, so I could hear your hearts skip a few beats.

It won't be a 360 exclusive, Square isn't that stupid.

Better yet, it probably won't be on the 360 at all.

mrstickball said:
trestres said:
@shadowblind: I really doubt SE can profit from the 360 games judging by the sales. All of them sold pretty terrible, they use maybe moneyhats or quick money from the ports and remakes the DS gets.

SE can profit from 360 games. The problem is that they're throwing the rough equivilent of Radiata Stories at the X360 rather than the beefier ones. Lets wait to see how Star Ocean: TLH does before making proper judgements.

Now, there are a few reasons that KH3 could be considered a viable option on the Xbox 360. I'm not arguing it as the best, or most obvious one (I'd think that KH going to all 3 systems would be the most advantageous):

• Development Costs. They're going to be cheaper than making the game for Playstation 3. More expensive than the Wii, but the game would have far more features, and factors in to other points further down.
  • Install Base. Kingdom Hearts is primarily an American-driven franchise. Quite possibly the most American franchise Square has ever had. Fitting that's also the X360's best region, no?
  • Live Intergration. Since KH characters, and settings are based heavily off of Disney movies, it's only fitting that they intergrate "hey, get this movie off of Netflix, or rent it from the marketplace" for extra cash.
  • Downloadable Content. Along with the whole live intergration bit, DLC could be huge for a game like KH3. Guess which system has the most robust DLC system out there?
  • 3rd Party Support. Of the 3 companies, which one has been the best for 3rd parties this generation? Lets face it: Only Microsoft has aggressively pursued 3rd parties. 
  • Spin-Offs. Even if a mainline KH game came to the X360, it'd be very plausible that other systems would get big KH-esque spinoffs in the future. Furthermore, XBLA would be a great place for SE and Disney to lay claim to bigger, better profits. While Square can say that FF:CC MLAK has done well, the fact is a game like Castle Crashers (which has less overall pedigree than a Final Fantasy game on a DLC system) has sold just as well as FF:CC, but in half the time.

oh mr stickball, wish more posters were as intelligent and realistic as you are :), you killed the thread with those arguements and people just ignored them.

Smashed said:

It won't be a 360 exclusive, Square isn't that stupid.

Better yet, it probably won't be on the 360 at all.

Your hopes will be crushed =/

Either it's multiplatform or wii exclusive.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

KH3 is going to 360. Like I said.

Soriku is scared.

2 Years Ago

Smashed said:
ROFLCOPTER, Xbox 360 + Grand Theft Auto 4.. Um, no sorry.

1 Year Ago

Smashed said:
ROFLCOPTER, Xbox 360 + Final Fantasy 13.. Um, no sorry.

Today

Smashed said:
ROFLCOPTER, Xbox 360 + Kingdom hearts.. Um, no sorry.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |