By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartzs PSN game sharing your thoughts?

Ofcourse everyone wants the latest games, and PSN games are no exception. But why cant we trade games? After purchasing PSN games it may or may not be apparent to you that you can share these with 5 other PSN users.

for those of you who dont no this is how you do it   http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KWTyPVj_d7o&feature=related

Well i was wondering weather or not it would be possible to organise trading of PSN games right here on vgchartz.

Firstly i need to no if anybody would be up for it. If so we will need to place some rules. 

Discuss potential rules, weather or not you would be interessted   etc etc.   

Around the Network

no.

pay for your own damn games.

i do but i just thought sharing and trading games wasnt a bad idea. After all the more people who get to play the games i purchase the better.

I would like to try this. I've done it with some of my buddies on PSN.

No dammit.

Pay for your own shit.

Around the Network

This was tried once before. You may be able to find the original thread by using the site search, which could point you to others who may be interested.

I however, do not wish to participate, unless you just want to give the games to me as I haven't and probably won't be buying any in the near future.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

oliminator1994 said:
i do but i just thought sharing and trading games wasnt a bad idea. After all the more people who get to play the games i purchase the better.

The more games "shared", the lower the sales. The lower the sales, the less games that are availible in the future.

This is essentially the reason why gaming companies put DRMs and stupid restrictions on software. Ironically, it's we (the people that actually paid for the product) that gets screwed.

Keep in mind that you can't give your game to five random people. You can tie your account to five different ps3s, and only those ps3 owners will be able to download and play your games, as your account must remain on their ps3 in order for them to actually play they game (if it's not on the ps3, they get a copyright error when trying to access the game). So if you share your account with four others for R&C Q4B, only those four will be able to play your copy of Siren.

I know this from experience, due to issues I had sharing a certain amazing beta. >_>

DMeisterJ said:
No dammit.

Pay for your own shit.

Also this.

ok it was just a thought i didnt think people would be so strongly against getting games for free that they would have got anyway.

Saving time and money

oh well