By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why wont Sony do this?

Hey ya'll!

Ok i just have a question.. Why DOESNT Sony bring games such as God of war 1-2 + Metal gear solid 1-3 + Final fantasy....(1-12!? or wut) etc games to PSN?

I know someone even posted here and on PS3fanboy that they are goin to add more titles etc but why on earth didnt they release these games earlier? it was a pain in th ass to find all MGS.. Tbh i even doubt the games will come. ( I mean atleast God of war 1-2 ).

Can someone explain? Do they need license of the creators? Or isnt it possible? Or what AAH! i dont know XD i just want to know why no truly memoriable games from PS1-2 there :/...

Around the Network

Cause they are making too much money selling those games as CDs.

Put PS1 games on the PSN!?

Why don't they do that!?!!!?!?!?!?!?

It isn't Sony's choice for all of those games, it's the developers. Konami would have to want to bring the Metal Gear games to the PSN and they're still too busy making money off their PS2 collection to worry about that.

As for the FF games, FF 1-4 have all been recently remade completely for the DS and I imagine VI (not sure about V) will get the same treatment. Who knows where VII-XII will go.

Because that would be a smart decision why they only make stupid decisions..

When they are not bringing PSN cards to Europe? The could easily have lost 100's million €..;Maybe even would have made a profit last quarter....

Around the Network

Same reason Nintendo didn't just fill up the VC with hundreds of games when the Wii launched.

Almost all of the PS1 games available on PSN are Sony published titles, because other publishers seem to believe that $5.99 for one of their PS1 titles is asking too little.

On top of that, the PS1 emulator on the PS3/PSP appears to only support single-disc games. (Notice Wild Arms 2 and Syphon Filter 2, both prominent Sony published titles, have never appeared on PSN, yet Wild Arms 1 and SF 1 and 3 have). Many good RPGs from the PS1 days were multi-disc, including FF7,8, and 9, and Grandia.

Games like Tales of Destiny, Suikoden, Xenogears (which did show on Japan PSN) the Tomb Raider series, etc. appear to just not have publisher approval to go there. Suikoden has gone as far as to appear on the ESRB's list as games for "PS3/PSP" (i.e. PSN), but never actually made it there -- apparently Konami changed their minds?

If Sony ever does release a full software emulator for the PS2, on the PS3, you can bet that Sony published titles like Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, God of War, Gran Turismo, Mark of Kri, Wild Arms 3, Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, SOCOM, Killzone, etc. etc. will show up, probably in the $12 to $15 range.

Aldro said:

Hey ya'll!

Ok i just have a question.. Why DOESNT Sony bring games such as God of war 1-2 + Metal gear solid 1-3 + Final fantasy....(1-12!? or wut) etc games to PSN?

I know someone even posted here and on PS3fanboy that they are goin to add more titles etc but why on earth didnt they release these games earlier? it was a pain in th ass to find all MGS.. Tbh i even doubt the games will come. ( I mean atleast God of war 1-2 ).

Can someone explain? Do they need license of the creators? Or isnt it possible? Or what AAH! i dont know XD i just want to know why no truly memoriable games from PS1-2 there :/...

good question, they should, they probability bring it to PSN when ppl stop buying the ps2, which won't happen until they release the ps3 slim

if they do i would seriously go on a shopping spree on the PS store. thats why i brought da wii, to buy the classic games

I think i get it now, Thnx. Still wish they would do something about the games as MGS-GoW etc.. When u hear all the hype and there are ppl that havent played them its a pain in the ass to find the old games :/ Put it on PSN for a high price then! I Dont care as long as i can get it lol.

Aldro said:
I think i get it now, Thnx. Still wish they would do something about the games as MGS-GoW etc.. When u hear all the hype and there are ppl that havent played them its a pain in the ass to find the old games :/ Put it on PSN for a high price then! I Dont care as long as i can get it lol.

Majora's Mask isn't on VC.... and I might end up finding it for N64 instead of waiting... but having to get the N64 out to play a new game is annoying, being able to play from the Wii would be much more convenient.

There are reasons Nintendo haven't yet put it out yet though, same as Sony have their reasons (more reasons given they are third paty games)