By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How did Duck Hunt work?

what everyone else said, but since i looked for it -

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/question273.htm

Around the Network

The best part of Duck Hunt is when you get to pistol whip your cousin with the zapper.

Duck Hunt was fucking awsome lol. I need to get my hands on one, my NES... "drowned" :/

you didnt hit anything, it was a random stuff, they made you think that you hit the duck :), nintendo are evil you know

Just kidding Kiddingggggggggggggg ! i too was wondering how the hell it worked

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

badgenome said:
Magic.

Ths guy got it right.

Around the Network

There is a small elf with binoculars in the barrel of every gun, another elf near the trigger and a final elf at the end of the wire connected to the console.

When you pull the trigger the 'trigger elf' shouts 'now' to the elf with binoculars who quickly looks through them to see if there are any ducks in view, he then shouts 'hit' or 'miss' to the elf at the end of the wire who marks a scorecard.

IT WAS THE POWER OF THE CELL

It never did register when I shot that damn laughing dog.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

To think that we could do this kind of stuff 20+ years ago is pretty amazing. Kudos to whoever came up with the idea and managed to make it so affordable (it was wayyyy ahead of its time).

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

d21lewis said:
My brother and I messed with the color of the tv until it was somewhat grey and white (not black and white). Then, wherever we shot, the duck would fall. We got to level 99 of that skeet shooting game. Then, two HUGE skeets came out of the bottom of the screen. When they hit mid-screen, they disappeared. We were so stunned, that we didn't even shoot at them. Then, it was game over.

dam i thought i already knew everything about that game