By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I don't care about trophies much at all, the most I do is check sometimes what trophies somebody else has on my PSN friends list or something. I only got some because of LittleBigPlanet and that seems to be it.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
twesterm said:

About the only thing I like about the whole trophy system are the platinum trophies.  Those are a good idea.  The rest is pretty stupid but the platinum trophies are great. 

How do you work this logic out?  A lot of 360/PS3 released games have the exact same achievements/trophies.  The only difference is when you get all a games achievements, that is it, when you get all the trohpies, you get a platinum one.

Are you saying achievements are stupid also?  Or...?

Nope, I love achievements.  Those make sense to me.  What doesn't make sense is why I'm a level 2 gamer, and what it takes to get to level 3?  Also, seeing a person has 42 bronze trophies, 25 silver, 6 gold, and 1 platinum doesn't mean much to me other than they've finished one game.

I simply like numbers better than trophies because I can generally get a better feel for how much that person plays.

Though as I said, I like platinum trophies because that directly shows you how many games the person has finished. Trophies in general though, I think are another wasted effort to try and copy MS.

twesterm said:
KylieDog said:
twesterm said:

About the only thing I like about the whole trophy system are the platinum trophies.  Those are a good idea.  The rest is pretty stupid but the platinum trophies are great. 

How do you work this logic out?  A lot of 360/PS3 released games have the exact same achievements/trophies.  The only difference is when you get all a games achievements, that is it, when you get all the trohpies, you get a platinum one.

Are you saying achievements are stupid also?  Or...?

Nope, I love achievements.  Those make sense to me.  What doesn't make sense is why I'm a level 2 gamer, and what it takes to get to level 3?  Also, seeing a person has 42 bronze trophies, 25 silver, 6 gold, and 1 platinum doesn't mean much to me other than they've finished one game.

I simply like numbers better than trophies because I can generally get a better feel for how much that person plays.

Though as I said, I like platinum trophies because that directly shows you how many games the person has finished. Trophies in general though, I think are another wasted effort to try and copy MS.

You get a progress bar telling you how close you are to the next level, that's about all you really need in term of numbers...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

eh,they are a bonus.They're nice to have.But most definitely not a necessity.

I'd consider achievements/trophies a bonus for me.

Nice to stretch out the replayability of something, but it's not going to kill me if older games don't get patched to include them (since new games in 2009 will be required to have them).