By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I use them as a tie breaker only. I don't care that much about them, but if there are two awesome games and one has trophies and the other doesn't, trophies is the arbitrary distinction I use to decide between them. Fallout 3 fell behind some other titles for me this season for that very reason.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

I would buy crap games for Trophies/Achievements. Gives you more of a reason to buy and play the game. It also makes you feel better about yourself, because you know that your a dork and couldn't accomplish things in real life. n_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

well we don't have to worry bout it being a necessity any more starting 09 all ps3 games will have them wonder if that goes for PSN games too

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
well we don't have to worry bout it being a necessity any more starting 09 all ps3 games will have them wonder if that goes for PSN games too

And I wonder what they're going to do about platinum trophies if they do (I assume they will).

About the only thing I like about the whole trophy system are the platinum trophies.  Those are a good idea.  The rest is pretty stupid but the platinum trophies are great. 

I wonder if downloadable games that would normal just have 200 achievement points on XBL will have only bronze, silver, and gold trophies or if those will get their own platinum trophies.

twesterm said:
BHR-3 said:

And I wonder what they're going to do about platinum trophies if they do (I assume they will).

About the only thing I like about the whole trophy system are the platinum trophies.  Those are a good idea.  The rest is pretty stupid but the platinum trophies are great. 

I wonder if downloadable games that would normal just have 200 achievement points on XBL will have only bronze, silver, and gold trophies or if those will get their own platinum trophies.

Downloadable games don't have platinum trophies, it's been the case for 5 months....

You need to get out of your cave lol ;)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

i know that just wondering if all psn games well be required to have trophies in 09

Play Me

Ail said:
twesterm said:
BHR-3 said:

Downloadable games don't have platinum trophies, it's been the case for 5 months....

Well some do. ex: WarHawk and Wipeout. (I do know WarHawk is on disc but I have it as a download.)

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

Well, it's not like I'll be passing GTA4 again just for the trophies...so no, I don't really care much for trophies

^_^

Necessity

Elite1 said:
Ail said:
twesterm said:
BHR-3 said:

Well some do. ex: WarHawk and Wipeout. (I do know WarHawk is on disc but I have it as a download.)

Yeah but those aren't small 200 achievements games..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !