By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did anyone play huge games like MGS 2 on Xbox,FF VII on Pc?

Barozi said:
I played GTA 3/Vice City/San Andreas on my Xbox AND on my PC

I also played Counter-Strike on my friend's Xbox

Snap. Also have FF7 on my PC.

Around the Network

Played FF7/8 on PC because I didn't have a PS1. Replayed 7 on PS when I had a PS2.

FFVII on pc.

BengaBenga said:

MGS was on gamecube in a pretty good remake. Still baffles me it didn't sell well.

FFVII on PC is probably the worst port ever to be released. Don't play the PC version unless you're forced to.

I know what you mean.  I was an early Gamecube adopter, and it had a ton of really great titles released on it, but for some reason it gets treated like the worst console of all time.

My only guess is that during that time, Nintendo had created a reputation for itself as being the "kiddie" console?  I actually still play a lot of my GC titles on my Wii...

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

I played FF7, FF8, MGS1 and MGS2 on PC, and also played/tried them on PS1/PS2.

I can definitely say the PC versions of the games are better. FF8 on PC for example has higher resolution (big plus).

The only game that has a downside is MGS2 PC, since you can't aim with a mouse when it's on first-person view, and that is a big kick in the nuts.

Around the Network

I agree with Shio. When I played FF7 on PC it looked a lot better than on PS. I still have FF7 on both platforms, but most of my new computers can't play it any more.

I prefer to play most games on consoles because I know I can plug it in and it will work (at least it should). I have grown weary of upgrading my computers and making sure I have all the latest and greatest hardware now that I am older.