By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Sonic be like Mario?

In one way, and one way only:

New Super Mario Bros
/
New Sonic The Hedgehog

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
disolitude said:
kylohk said:

I'd hope Mario would be more like Sonic and have more frequent games in the series!

A mario game is no greater than the olympics or world cup, yet we see one new game every 6 years!

As for Sonic Unleashed, I really liked both the day time and werehog stages. What I don't like however, is a completely 2D Sonic game in a 3D capable console. 2D games stay on handhelds.

Here are all the games Mario has made apperances in the last 2 years (2007-2008). Quite a lot... Sonic makes lots of games, but mario makes more.

Mario Kart Wii

Mario Super Sluggers

Mario Strikers Charged

Mario Party DS

Mario Party 8

Super Mario Galaxy

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Super Paper Mario

Wario Land: Shake It

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Mario & Sonic at the Olympics

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Sonic Riders

Samba Da Amigo

Sega Tennis Superstars

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic & the Black Knight

Sonic Rush

Sonic Rush Adventures

Sonic Chronicles

11 Sonic Titles (or appearances) on Nintendo platforms vs 9 Mario in past 2 years.   Both have 8 appearances on Wii.  So pretty equal really.   Both are terribly overused.

OT: Sega does not have to go every 5-6 years like Mario but I think ALL franchises should only come out with a new addition when they have a great game that propels the franchise forward and not this yearly money grab crap.

But out of those games only unleashed in a main series game the rest are spinoofs .So since sonic next gen unleashed is  the first main series game to be developed. In the last 10 years we had, sonic adventure in 98, sonic adventure 2 in 2000, sonic heroes in 2002? maybe not a main series game but il count it , sonic next gen in 2006 and now unleashed in 2008 that seems a good time line for main series games a average of 2 and a half years between them is quite good if you ask me

The thing is sonic is a very complicated series to develop, there are so many diferent types of sonic fans like, 1 wants 2d the other wants 3d one wants platforming the other wants speed, one likes friends the other hates them,  these were probably the most basic kinds of sonic fans sonic team tried to please with unleashed, and they maybe did ok this time as most people seem to like the game allot, despite of the terrible reviews

Nintendo just needs to buy Sega and make good Sonic games again.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

supermario128 said:
Nintendo just needs to buy Sega and make good Sonic games again.

What like wii music, wii fit and animal crossing? no thanks...Condemned 2, Valkryle Chronicles and upcoming Yakuza 3 are a few games nintendo needs to look up to these days.