By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The official "PS3 is dooooomed, I should have known better" thread

I´ll get flamed for this, but while I want Sony to stay in business and keep competition going,I must say I find the PS3 taking this beating and still being more than 6 million behind the 360, is a 'good' thing.

Good thing as in...personally, I didn´t like the whole modus operandi/marketing/E3 2006/taking customers for granted, etc.. approach Sony has had with the PS3 even before E3 2006.

So, I think the poor sales (compared to the competition), IMO, are justified and will hopefully make Sony open their "PS1 guide to success" book again, next generation...the book they completely forgot when giving birth to the PS3.

They strayed too far away from what made The PS brand a gaming juggernaut from 1996-2005.

Around the Network
Christhegamer said:
This time it is different. This was "The year of the PS3" and it has fallen flat on its face. It does have games and it is expensive but it does have blu-ray and still it is selling slow. I think the main problem is the software sales, they are shocking....

I know 3 people with a PS3 including myself and they are only using it for movies. For a "games Console" this is very dangerous and software companies will leave it alone

You should have been here in 07.

JGarret said:
I´ll get flamed for this, but while I want Sony to stay in business and keep competition going,I must say I find the PS3 taking this beating and still being more than 6 million behind the 360, is a 'good' thing.

Good thing as in...personally, I didn´t like the whole modus operandi/marketing/E3 2006/taking customers for granted, etc.. approach Sony has had with the PS3 even before E3 2006.

So, I think the poor sales (compared to the competition), IMO, are justified and will hopefully make Sony open their "PS1 guide to success" book again, next generation...the book they completely forgot when giving birth to the PS3.

They strayed too far away from what made The PS brand a gaming juggernaut from 1996-2005.

Totally agree.

PS3 is paying for Sony's arrogance at expecting people to pay $600 due to brand loyalty.  Not putting customers first deserves poor sales.  PS3 will sell well at the sub $300 price level.

This generation taught Sony two important things.  1) Price matters.  2)  For the vast majority of consumers, there is no brand loyalty.  I hope Sony learned their lesson for the PS4.

thekitchensink said:
It will stay up! It will survive!
As long as we know where it is, this thread will stay alive!!

LOL. I laughed hard at this post. Great humour.

Well I guess even if PS3 owners are creating these threads it doesnt look good does it.

Sorry but and ready every PS3 owner quote me here.

Selnor said "The PS3 is DEFINATELY finishing 3rd, by over 12 mill consoles."

Now copy and paste the above to your sig.

I think any speculation that this thread is doomed is just overreaction at this point.

This thread could be saved with a price cut in March, and if that occurs this thread still has a chance to be the second best thread on VGChartz this gen.

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:

@NJ5 shut it, as far as I can see you do nothing but trolling.

Oh please. Report me if you ever see me trolling, don't just complain about it. Or at least be more specific instead of these blanket complaints.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Dryden said:
I think any speculation that this thread is doomed is just overreaction at this point.

This thread could be saved with a price cut in March, and if that occurs this thread still has a chance to be the second best thread on VGChartz this gen.

Nice.

On topic, I agree with OP's ascertation about PS3 relative to the Cube... Even if it doesn't take off, true gamers with the means to do so will pick one up and love it for what it is. By the end of this generation each console will have enough stellar exclusives to make each a must have for me. Im only wii60 now, but I know I'll be PSWii60 in the future. Hopefully blu-ray will have survived as a format by the time i get there.

I don't think I would compare the PS3 to the Gamecube, really.

Oh sure, this is the official PS3 doomed thread of right now. But once NA numbers come up I'll have to make another one.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_8XCBlkISFzE" width="94" height="118">

We're Doomed!

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups