By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sega to release Yakuza 3 PS3 Bundles in Japan

papflesje said:
Why does it seem now (to me) that Sony is doing its best in Japan all of a sudden?

The one and only reason they were failing there.......software. Now there is a whole lot coming for the PS3 and with that sales for the console will increase.

Around the Network

either way 09 seems to be a very good year for Sony in Japan.

WKC
Yakuza 3
FFXIII movie bundle/demo
GT5
FFXIII

they will probably drop the price aswell

It seems as though price is not the factor in Japan, it is simply getting the software out. The games mentioned by SpartanFX come from very big franchises (besides WKC), WKC alone could sell 300K in Japan though. Those 10 weeks of "PS3 dead in Japan" sure was fun, dont see that happening again any time soon though.

SpartanFX said:
papflesje said:
Why does it seem now (to me) that Sony is doing its best in Japan all of a sudden?

2 reasons:

1. Sony realized that they are not doing anything while competition is doing everything they can.

2. It took good companies this long to get the engine/programing of the PS3 figured out,so now they have the products.

All good points.

I just wish they'd spend more effort in the EU/others

That seems to be their butter zone region right now and they shouldn't ignore it.

Also, I'd like to be one of the lucky 10k.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

EU - GT5 + Price Cut = WIN
NA - ........... no idea, PS3 is screwed there
Japan - FFXIII, Versus, Yakuza 3, WKC, RE5 and so much more

Around the Network

I hope with this and rest of 2009 lineup they can win Japan decisively securing steady supply of jrpg from atlus nippon ichi and others :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

the 360 never had any chance in japan. until it secures something like RE5 or FF13 as an exclusive, it's absolutely impossible. those little star oceans, last remnants, infinite undiscoveries, eternal sonatas, and tales of vesperias are like little .32 caliber pistols in the war for japan. 360 cannot really make a foothold there without a nuclear warhead of an exclusive.

bugrimmar said:
the 360 never had any chance in japan. until it secures something like RE5 or FF13 as an exclusive, it's absolutely impossible. those little star oceans, last remnants, infinite undiscoveries, eternal sonatas, and tales of vesperias are like little .32 caliber pistols in the war for japan. 360 cannot really make a foothold there without a nuclear warhead of an exclusive.

When microsoft set their eyes on japan, they shouldn't have brought a knife to a gunfight

@op AWESOME XD holy shit ! i want one of those ! with a dragon ! DAMN XD sounds so freakin awesome...

Yakuza 3 baby !

Check out my game about moles ^

Just 10k? Nothing major, MGS4 had over 100k bundles.

shanbcn said:
Just 10k? Nothing major, MGS4 had over 100k bundles.

Not of the Gungray metal gear solid ps3. It was around the same amount as this one if i remember right.

Check out my game about moles ^