By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sega to release Yakuza 3 PS3 Bundles in Japan

"

With the 3rd entry into the ever popular Japanese Yakuza series just a few mere months away, it was announced earlier today that Sega and Sony would also be launching a hardware bundle with the game.  Called the 'Rising Dragon Pack', the bundle includes a ceramic white 80GB PS3 with a dragon logo, dualshock controller, and the Yakuza 3 software.  The hardware pack will be limited to 10,000 units.  This bundle offers a 2000 yen discount off buying the console and game seperately.

Yakuza 3 is due out February 26 in Japan.  Although Yakuza 1 and 2 both made it to American shores, no North American release has been announced yet,"

http://www.ps3center.net/news/1970/sony-japan-launching-yakuza-ps3-bundle/

Around the Network

This could give the PS3 a little more boost.

Systems owned: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP N64 Wii iPhone

The playstation 3 ultimate media system device will have a very nice year in japan in 2009. Early next year we have this pack, then FFXIII demo, later FFXIII and GT5!

^^^indeed(if they all make it out on time and sony drops the price ,,PS3 can get a new life in Japan)

DAMMIT.

i wish i lived in japan, understood japanese, and had a japanese mistress..

Around the Network

Yakuza is actually big in Japan so this will help the PS3 a lot over there. So this one released in February, FFXIII demo bundle in March, lets see what MS have to counter that.

Why does it seem now (to me) that Sony is doing its best in Japan all of a sudden?

Could help the ps3 sales.

papflesje said:
Why does it seem now (to me) that Sony is doing its best in Japan all of a sudden?

2 reasons:

1. Sony realized that they are not doing anything while competition is doing everything they can.

2. It took good companies this long to get the engine/programing of the PS3 figured out,so now they have the products.

@ spartan: okay, probably true, but why did it take them so long to get part one going?

They could've done way better before (and I'll keep hammering their marketing for this), even without companies providing products, since they have their own.