By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The user shift from wii to HD

Esa-Petteri said:
Uh, why does a thread like this get so much hate?

exactly, I spoke to some people and got some opinions and now I'm presenting you guys some ideas and questions followed by my opinions, some of my opinions dont even agree with some of the questions I'm asking but I want to know what others think about this without all the hate. This is by no means a nintendo bashing thread or a ps3 domination starts tomorow at 11:30 thread, I want to know about a valid interest shift betwene wii owners to Hd due to price changes putting the 360 on par with wii.

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

Around the Network

With the Wii marketshare growing, and showing no indication of doing otherwise despite price drops from the competition, then the whole point of your OP is pure speculation.

Frankly, I don't forsee the mass migration you speak of. Besides, the Wii could always respond with a price drop/new sku of its own.

stof said:
I think you're looking at the current moment (2008 Q4) a bit too closely. This period has seen some of the HD consoles biggest games come out while simultaneously being the Wii's aberration in terms of software. The second half of 2008's derth of Wii games will not be seen in 2009, or for that matter, probably any time in the Wii's upcoming life span.

I'm not actually looking at the quater at all sorry, except for when i mention ps3s lack of a huge sales boost like 360 and wii over this christmas period, apart from that Im talking prices and insterests being swayed by prices and how the wii stacks up to peoples opinions of the other consoles after they get a good taste of everything. But especially prices though and what they could mean under the surface (for buyers who allready have a wii) of the wiis continual sales success

^^ And I gave an answer. There's a very legitimate software release reason why owners of both consoles would be more interested in the HD consoles right now, but that reason won't really exist in the future. EDIT: My net is damn slow today. This post was made before I saw your answer to my original post. Please ignore.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

And stop being so sensitive man. The so called 'hate' you speak of is overstated.

Around the Network

Those people who own more than one console, are what we usually call harcore gamers. The games on the HD machine are aimed at them, almost all of them, so they have alot to play on the HD machines.

What seems to be so hard for some people to understand, is that we are becoming the minority in gaming. We no longer decide where the idustry goes, and there is absolutly nothing you can, or should want to do about that. Just enjoy that our passion is finally getting accepted as something normal people do.

goodness, I'm not even bothering with this thread any more, I will try and make my OP's a little clearer in the future, maybe shorter so people actually read them and follow what I'm trying to say, and actually have a propper discussion about what I'm actually asking about.

sorry for wasting your time guys. youve given valid information but none of it really relates back to what im asking about.

I tried to give a reasonable answer, to something we all know you just wrote up to try and provoke. I've already seen you do it several times, and your pattern is kinda easy to see through. You've gotten exactly what you wanted out of this thread, so stop your pathetic sobbing.

SnowWhitesDrug said:
stof said:
I think you're looking at the current moment (2008 Q4) a bit too closely. This period has seen some of the HD consoles biggest games come out while simultaneously being the Wii's aberration in terms of software. The second half of 2008's derth of Wii games will not be seen in 2009, or for that matter, probably any time in the Wii's upcoming life span.

I'm not actually looking at the quater at all sorry, except for when i mention ps3s lack of a huge sales boost like 360 and wii over this christmas period, apart from that Im talking prices and insterests being swayed by prices and how the wii stacks up to peoples opinions of the other consoles after they get a good taste of everything. But especially prices though and what they could mean under the surface (for buyers who allready have a wii) of the wiis continual sales success

If your not talking about Q4 or the second half of 2008, what current time period are you referring to? When has this "shift" started. I thought it might be fair to assume that much of this shift has occurred over the last half of the year, or else your thread would be considerably late. If I'm not mistaken, you're suggesting that people who own both consoles are finding that only themselves not playing the Wii. I'm suggesting that lately we've seen a deluge of HD mega hitter titles with a considerable derth of such Wii games. A derth that will be short lived. There's a big difference between preferring one type of console and just going where the games are. I'm suggesting that when big games come out, people will want to play them, regardless of what system they are on.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

SnowWhitesDrug said:
goodness, I'm not even bothering with this thread any more, I will try and make my OP's a little clearer in the future, maybe shorter so people actually read them and follow what I'm trying to say, and actually have a propper discussion about what I'm actually asking about.

sorry for wasting your time guys. youve given valid information but none of it really relates back to what im asking about.

Oh don't be such a sour puss.

You're suggesting a future trend based on an interpretation of current evidence (anecdotal). I suggested that there's a different reason for your current evidence which would not suggest your future trend.

I believe thats how discussions work.