By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New firmware update for ps3

The You Tube problem of only half thier videos working is still there.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Around the Network

Everytime I turn on my PS3 it seems like I have to wait anywhere from 5-15 minutes for a firmware update. They should make these updates more transparent.

I guess I should turn it on more often.

Username2324 said:
Can anyone explain why the PS3 internet browser is complete garbage? I mean its a nice feature and all, but it's had two years to be updated and its still much slower than say Firefox and IE, and has much less functionality. I just dont understand the problem and why it is so far behind the competition.

probably because most sites are not really ps3 compitable.

Username2324 said:
Can anyone explain why the PS3 internet browser is complete garbage? I mean its a nice feature and all, but it's had two years to be updated and its still much slower than say Firefox and IE, and has much less functionality. I just dont understand the problem and why it is so far behind the competition.

Memory's the main issue, I think.

Oh SNAP!

Around the Network

now the PS3 will take back it's crown in europe , 2.53 is just the begining.

THQ may have axed Destroy All Humans in North America, but this 2.53 update with full screen Flash support should ensure THQ will have no problems porting over the rest of their lineup in the future.

Dryden said:
THQ may have axed Destroy All Humans in North America, but this 2.53 update with full screen Flash support should ensure THQ will have no problems porting over the rest of their lineup in the future.

lol.

leo-j said:
It also adds another format that wasnt compatible with the ps3, onto the ps3.

which one?

seemed like a pretty big update actually.

Check out my game about moles ^

NeoRatt said:
Everytime I turn on my PS3 it seems like I have to wait anywhere from 5-15 minutes for a firmware update. They should make these updates more transparent.

I guess I should turn it on more often.

yeah, perhaps more than once a month?