By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Do You Think of COD:WaW?

I bought it today and have played it for 3 hours or so. I think it is great, better in every way than COD4 (only thing that is a "negative" is if you prefer the modern setting). The Online maps are great, better in everyway than COD4, much easier to steak around because there is more stuff to hide behind. There seems to be more maps, and I dont even think there is a Map Pack yet.

Funny thing is, reviewers. It has a very repspectible 85 or 6 on gameranking, but how can a game that improved upon the awsome COD4 not get a 90+? I know I ign gave it a 92 (exactly what I would give it). I think it suffers from not be an EXCLUSIVE. A PS3 writer most likely likes the PS3, and want to make its exlcusive lineup look better. Same goes for 360. Wii just gets screwed all around. : )

Basically there are more guns, more perks, more lvls, more everything. Also although it does use the same engine as COD4 it does NOT feel like rehash. Different guns, and setting completely. Also the as I have also mentioned the maps are 3x better.... And I thought that COD4s maps were sick nasty.

Well basically my advice would be, if you like COD4 go out and buy this. The difference in the 2 games allows you to keep playing both at the same time.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Why is this in the Sony discussion? The game is great, definitely close to the best FPS I've played this year.

While I absolutely love the game, I have to admit that it feels like a reskin of 4 rather than an advancement forward.

Cod4 has a plane stage? So do we! Cod4 has a sniper stage? So do we! Cod4 has 2 parrallel story? So do we! Everything about the game feels familiar and this is actually part of the reason I like it.

Great game but the 85 is a fairly accurate score imo.

mibuokami said:
While I absolutely love the game, I have to admit that it feels like a reskin of 4 rather than an advancement forward.

Cod4 has a plane stage? So do we! Cod4 has a sniper stage? So do we! Cod4 has 2 parrallel story? So do we! Everything about the game feels familiar and this is actually part of the reason I like it.

Great game but the 85 is a fairly accurate score imo.

I can't believe you just said that. Seriously! o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I missed something? Sorry me is stupid? :x

Around the Network
mibuokami said:

The CoD series usually have parallel stories. 2 or 3 different characters is pretty much the same to me.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

i love the game and THE ONLY THING ABOUT IT I HATE IS THE STUPID NOOBS THAT STAY IN TANKS THE WHOLE FREAKING GAME

i found it dull played the beta couldn't get into it:|, i still play COD4 over on LIVE.

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

SHMUPGurus said:
mibuokami said:

The CoD series usually have parallel stories. 2 or 3 different characters is pretty much the same to me.

That still doesn't stop it from feeling exactly the same as 4. (I am speaking presentation wise). Again I don't think its a bad thing. 

mibuokami said:
SHMUPGurus said:
mibuokami said:

That still doesn't stop it from feeling exactly the same as 4. (I am speaking presentation wise). Again I don't think its a bad thing. 

I don't know, I don't find them similar at all. The sniper mission is maybe a bit similar (but snipers usually have to assassinate one person anyway, so it's hard to make it different), but the airship one is totally different! =P

Random game thought :