By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hard to play Resident Evil: ReMake after playing RE4...

RE4 is a completely different game than 0-3 and CV. While possible to loke both styles of games it should not be assumed that if you like 4 you will like the rest or vice versa.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

lol..this game is certainly not my taste. I tried to play through this game again and this time with a walkthrough. To difficult. After playing Resident Evil 4, I can confirm that the new control system that Capcom is bringing in, is exactly what I like and want.

The old school system in Resident Evil: ReMake is not my taste at all. They are way to clunky. Knowing its suppose to heighten the experience and scare you with the sudden surprises is what's really good, but Resident Evil 4 did the same exact thing and I was scared as hell. The PS2/Gamecube/Wii controls for Resident Evil 4 are so much better than the old Resident Evil games.

I just had to put that out there. I'm not bashing this game or the old ones for that matter in any way. I'm just saying that the controls of the past Resident Evil's are hard to master. I like the new controls, so I will likely either give this game away or sell it to someone.

Attn VGCharts Users: RE4 was anything but scary.

i still play the old RE games once in a while and love them all. i hate the argument that you can't go back and play old RE games after playing RE 4 Wii edition, its stated as a fact rather than an opinion around here.

RE4>Every RE game.

Around the Network
tehsage said:
Attn VGCharts Users: RE4 was anything but scary.

Dude, the feeling when there was someone behind you and you had to do the 180' degree spin. Now that was an awesome experience and the aim was just quick and easy to do. It was more a hands on approach rather being constricted to a camera that was holding me back from the experience. I'm more hands on and need to control my character and have control over the camera.

@Ari_Gold

After playing RE4, its actually pretty difficult to go back and play it. I'm saying it because I did play RE4 on the PS2 and beat it and after that I went to Gamestop and picked up Resident Evil: ReMake expecting something similar but failed to realize the controls were tanked and slow to master.

That's my opinion.