By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Blockbuster - seriously?

Really Blockbuster? $9 for a 5 day game rental??

On top of that, they have the audacity to have on the receipt "Own this game for an extra $49.99".. Ummm that should at least be 9 bucks off that price, since the game retails at $50. Ridiculous. Blockbuster lost a customer.

Around the Network

They follow the "If we are getting our ass handed to us by our competitors raise our rates and screw our customers to really show them!" strategy =P

So your not a fan then?

To Each Man, Responsibility

Last i heard blockbuster has a no pay late fee charge for up to one week. So $9 for two weeks sounds fine to me.

I work at Blockbusters part time. And I can tell you, they're even stupider than you think.

I rarely rent. $9 for five days doesn't seem too bad, though. Some games only require one or two days to complete. If I were sure I'd have time to beat the rental (it took me 7 days to find the 10 hours it took to beat Tomb Raider Underworld), I'd probably embrace renting again.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I rarely rent. $9 for five days doesn't seem too bad, though. Some games only require one or two days to complete. If I were sure I'd have time to beat the rental (it took me 7 days to find the 10 hours it took to beat Tomb Raider Underworld), I'd probably embrace renting again.

For new releases, $9 for two weeks isn't a terrible deal.  You have to be careful to return it by the "if you don't return by this date, you buy the game date."  They can give you a refund if you return it a little late (up to 31 days from the rental, I think), but the refund is in store credit which is useless.

Family video in town rents new games for $2.99 for one night or $3.99 for three nights, or $4.99 for 5 nights.  That's a far better deal for most games.

The deal is better than you think. For that $9, you get the game for 12 days (one week late for no fee. Throw in an additional $2 restocking fee, and you can keep it for a total of 42 days for just $11. Even I can beat most games in 6 weeks, so that's a pretty good deal.

Blockbuster is a lot better for people like me who play games slowly and only get through one a month or so. Services like Gamefly only really work if you're playing 2-3 games a month.

DKII, what? A 5 day rental is $9. Even if your blockbuster lets you turn it in a week late, that is still $9 for 10 days. It would be another $9 for 10 more days, right? $18 for 20 days. $36 for 40 days. $45 for 42 days.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

my blockbuster is almost $10 to rent...and thats for just 5 days, even if it was a week i'd still think its a rip off...ever since they started charging that price I don't go there any more...

Well uhm be happy you still can rent games it is illegal over here;