By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Call Of Duty : World At War (COD5) KILLED Resistance 2 Sales!!

I'll pick it up when it supposedly releases in my region on 5 December.
But it will probably be delayed then too, as I don't think the suppliers have got their copies to supply yet...some kind of administrative cock-up I suppose.
I wonder how many more regions have this problem?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

The problem with alien shooters is the weapon, people don't really like fancy weapon! I personnaly think that it's much more funny than a stupid AK47 ... (I love the gun that throws discs and the one you can see the ennemies through walls !!!)

Tremble said:
The problem with alien shooters is the weapon, people don't really like fancy weapon! I personnaly think that it's much more funny than a stupid AK47 ... (I love the gun that throws discs and the one you can see the ennemies through walls !!!)

That's my personal preference as well, if I wanted just a plain old ww2 shooter, well I'd buy COD, but I just think it's been too over done, I've always like the semi-realistic with a non-realistic twist.

Username2324 said:
Tremble said:
It wasn't very clever from sony to launch R2 at the same periode than COD... I also think that a traditional shooter (ww2) will have more success than a alien shooter. Don't forget that in europe, reviews weren't great fort this game, just average ... (gamekult...)

It wasn't clever to launc R2, LBP, and M2 all at the same time either, just when we were starting to think Sony was turning themselves around....

Based on personal preference I'd prefer the alien shooter, there are just so many ww2 shooters already, I am really quite surprised so many people are still interested.

Well if you think about it, that works in reverse also. There are plenty of alien shooters so why are people so interested? Halo, Gears of War, Resistance, Area 51, The Conduit, Metroid Prime(technically an adventure so maybe scratch that), Red Faction, Killzone, Time Splitters, Doom, Quake, Unreal Tournament, Duke Nukem, Dark Sektor, Time Shift, Fracture, Clive Barker's Jericho, etc.

Maybe Res 2 sales are down because it's turning off both audiences since it's a bit of a combo of both WWII and alien invasion?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
Username2324 said:
Tremble said:
It wasn't very clever from sony to launch R2 at the same periode than COD... I also think that a traditional shooter (ww2) will have more success than a alien shooter. Don't forget that in europe, reviews weren't great fort this game, just average ... (gamekult...)

It wasn't clever to launc R2, LBP, and M2 all at the same time either, just when we were starting to think Sony was turning themselves around....

Based on personal preference I'd prefer the alien shooter, there are just so many ww2 shooters already, I am really quite surprised so many people are still interested.

Well if you think about it, that works in reverse also. There are plenty of alien shooters so why are people so interested? Halo, Gears of War, Resistance, Area 51, The Conduit, Metroid Prime(technically an adventure so maybe scratch that), Red Faction, Killzone, Time Splitters, Doom, Quake, Unreal Tournament, Duke Nukem, Dark Sektor, Time Shift, Fracture, Clive Barker's Jericho, etc.

Maybe Res 2 sales are down because it's turning off both audiences since it's a bit of a combo of both WWII and alien invasion?

The difference is, in traditional WW2 games you're getting the same weapons, usually the same battles, the same story but from a different persons experience, the only real update is the graphics, maybe a couple new gameplay modes.

With alien shooters there's so much room for variation in weapons, scenarios, the aliens themselves, gameplay, graphics, everything can be different.

But yes, I can see what you're saying.

Around the Network

COD is like the Final Fantasy of FPS. Why would anyone expect Resistance to have bigger sales than COD? Resistance is a good game and a promising franchise, but it's no COD. Not sure why the TC of this thread seemed surprise that COD5's sales would dwarf that of RE2's. COD4 sold over 10 million copies WW. That's even more than Halo 3.

i really cant understand PS3 owners. R2 is a great game but it not succeed in sales, maybe is the Call of Duty mania or something else???